How Financial Oversight Failed & What it May Portend for the Future of Regulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 38 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Regulation; Bail-outs; Regulation and principal/agent-problems;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Gorton, 2009.
"The Subprime Panic,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(1), pages 10-46.
- Edward J. Kane, 1984.
"Technological and Regulatory Forces in the Developing Fusion of Financial-Services Competition,"
NBER Working Papers
1320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Edward J, 1984. " Technological and Regulatory Forces in the Developing Fusion of Financial-Services Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 759-72, July.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008.
"Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance,
now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Til Schuermann, 2008. "Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit," Staff Reports 318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Edward Kane, 2010. "The Importance of Monitoring and Mitigating the Safety-Net Consequences of Regulation-Induced Innovation," Review of Social Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 68(2), pages 145-161.
- Kane, Edward J, 1977. "Good Intentions and Unintended Evil: The Case against Selective Credit Allocation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 55-69, February.
- Edward J. Kane, 1981.
"Accelerating Inflation, Technological Innovation, and the Decreasing Effectiveness of Banking Regulation,"
NBER Working Papers
0638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Edward J, 1981. "Accelerating Inflation, Technological Innovation, and the Decreasing Effectiveness of Banking Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 355-67, May.
- Richard J. Herring & Edward J. Kane, 2009. "Financial Economists Roundtable Statement on Reforming the Role of the Rating "Agencies" in the Securitization Process," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 21(1), pages 28-33.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009.
"Banking Crises: An Equal Opportunity Menace,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7131, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Herring & Edward J. Kane, 2010. "Rating "Agencies": How Regulation Might Help," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(1), pages 14-23, 04.
- Kane, Edward J., 1980. "Politics and Fed policymaking : The more things change the more they remain the same," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 199-211, April.
- Herring, Richard J., 2010. "Wind-Down Plans As an Alternative to Bailouts: The Cross-Border Challenges," Working Papers 10-08, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Jose A. Lopez, 1999. "Using CAMELS ratings to monitor bank conditions," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises: A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.