How Financial Oversight Failed & What it May Portend for the Future of Regulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 38 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Regulation; Bail-outs; Regulation and principal/agent-problems;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard J. Herring & Edward J. Kane, 2009. "Financial Economists Roundtable Statement on Reforming the Role of the Rating "Agencies" in the Securitization Process," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 21(1), pages 28-33.
- Edward J. Kane, 1984.
"Technological and Regulatory Forces in the Developing Fusion of Financial-Services Competition,"
NBER Working Papers
1320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Edward J, 1984. " Technological and Regulatory Forces in the Developing Fusion of Financial-Services Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 759-72, July.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises: A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Gary B. Gorton, 2008.
"The Subprime Panic,"
NBER Working Papers
14398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Edward J, 1981.
"Accelerating Inflation, Technological Innovation, and the Decreasing Effectiveness of Banking Regulation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 355-67, May.
- Edward J. Kane, 1981. "Accelerating Inflation, Technological Innovation, and the Decreasing Effectiveness of Banking Regulation," NBER Working Papers 0638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009.
"Banking Crises: An Equal Opportunity Menace,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7131, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Til Schuermann, 2008.
"Understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit,"
318, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Schuermann, Til, 2008. "Understanding the Securitization of Subprime Mortgage Credit," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 191-309, June.
- Herring, Richard J., 2010. "Wind-Down Plans As an Alternative to Bailouts: The Cross-Border Challenges," Working Papers 10-08, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Edward Kane, 2010. "The Importance of Monitoring and Mitigating the Safety-Net Consequences of Regulation-Induced Innovation," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(2), pages 145-161.
- Richard Herring & Edward J. Kane, 2010. "Rating "Agencies": How Regulation Might Help," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(1), pages 14-23, 04.
- Kane, Edward J., 1980. "Politics and Fed policymaking : The more things change the more they remain the same," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 199-211, April.
- Jose A. Lopez, 1999. "Using CAMELS ratings to monitor bank conditions," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jun.
- Kane, Edward J, 1977. "Good Intentions and Unintended Evil: The Case against Selective Credit Allocation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 55-69, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.