The Contribution of Economists to Understanding Racial Health Disparities in the US
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Health disparities; Health policy; Literature review; I-Health; Education; Welfare;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balsa, Ana I. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2003. "Prejudice, clinical uncertainty and stereotyping as sources of health disparities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-116, January.
- Brian S. Armour & Carol Friedman & M. Melinda Pitts & Jennifer Wike & Linda Alley & Jeff Etchason, 2003. "The influence of year-end bonuses on colorectal cancer screening," Working Paper 2003-41, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Yalcin, Tarik, 2008.
"Inequality measurement for ordered response health data,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1614-1625, December.
- Ramses H. Abul Naga & Tarik Yalcin, 2007. "Inequality Measurement forOrdered Response Health Data," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 92, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002.
"Inequality aversion, health inequalities, and health achievement,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2765, The World Bank.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2002. "Inequality aversion, health inequalities and health achievement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 627-641, July.
- Pylypchuk, Yuriy & Selden, Thomas M., 2008. "A discrete choice decomposition analysis of racial and ethnic differences in children's health insurance coverage," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1109-1128, July.
- Balsa, Ana I. & Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G., 2007. "Does managed health care reduce health care disparities between minorities and Whites?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 101-121, January.
- Currie, Janet & Decker, Sandra & Lin, Wanchuan, 2008.
"Has public health insurance for older children reduced disparities in access to care and health outcomes?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1567-1581, December.
- Janet Currie & Sandra Decker & Wanchuan Lin, 2008. "Has Public Health Insurance for Older Children Reduced Disparities in Access to Care and Health Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 14173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Balsa, Ana I. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2001. "Statistical discrimination in health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 881-907, November.
- Linda Dynan, 2008. "A Micro-Simulation Based Decomposition of the Health Status Gap Between US Blacks and Whites," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 39(1), pages 3-27.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & Mingshan Lu & David Takeuchi, 2005.
"Psychiatric Disorders and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from the National Latino and Asian American Study,"
NBER Working Papers
11893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegr�a & Mingshan Lu & David Takeuchi, 2007. "Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: evidence from the National Latino and Asian American Study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 1069-1090.
- Bleichrodt, Han & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2006. "A welfare economics foundation for health inequality measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 945-957, September.
- Lurie, Ithai Zvi, 2008. "Welfare reform and the decline in the health-insurance coverage of children of non-permanent residents," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 786-793, May.
- Elena Bastida & José A. Pagán, 2002. "The impact of diabetes on adult employment and earnings of Mexican Americans: Findings from a community based study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 403-413.
- Miller, Douglas L. & Paxson, Christina, 2006. "Relative income, race, and mortality," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 979-1003, September.
- Grann, Victor & Troxel, Andrea B. & Zojwalla, Naseem & Hershman, Dawn & Glied, Sherry A. & Jacobson, Judith S., 2006. "Regional and racial disparities in breast cancer-specific mortality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 337-347, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.