Is There a Size Effect in the Pricing of Stocks in the Chinese Stock Markets?: The Case of Bull Versus Bear Markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Asia-Pacific Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 15 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102851
Size effect; Stock pricing behavior; Return premium; Excess stock returns; Developing markets;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George, Thomas J. & Hwang, Chuan-Yang, 1995. "Transitory Price Changes and Price-Limit Rules: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(02), pages 313-327, June.
- Samer Al-Rjoub & Oscar Varela & M. Kabir Hassan, 2005. "The size effect reversal in the USA," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(17), pages 1189-1197.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 109-126, March.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1983. "Transaction costs and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 57-79, June.
- Daniel Choi & Xin Zhao, 2007. "Cross-autocorrelation in the New Zealand stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 215-219.
- Ozenbas, Deniz & Schwartz, Robert A & Wood, Robert A, 2002. "Volatility in US and European Equity Markets: An Assessment of Market Quality," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 437-61, Winter.
- Reinganum, Marc R., 1981. "Misspecification of capital asset pricing : Empirical anomalies based on earnings' yields and market values," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 19-46, March.
- Ising, Jan & Schiereck, Dirk & Simpson, Marc W. & Thomas, Thomas W., 2006. "Stock returns following large 1-month declines and jumps: Evidence of overoptimism in the German market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 598-619, September.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- Bhardwaj, Ravinder K & Brooks, LeRoy D, 1993. "Dual Betas from Bull and Bear Markets: Reversal of the Size Effect," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(4), pages 269-83, Winter.
- George Leledakis & Ian Davidson & George Karathanassis, 2003. "Cross-sectional estimation of stock returns in small markets: The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 413-426.
- Chan, K C & Chen, Nai-Fu, 1991. " Structural and Return Characteristics of Small and Large Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1467-84, September.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 2006. "The Value Premium and the CAPM," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2163-2185, October.
- William Schwert, G., 2002.
"Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-26, January.
- G. William Schwert, 2001. "Stock Volatility in the New Millennium: How Wacky Is Nasdaq?," NBER Working Papers 8436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bing-Huei Lin & Jerry Wang, 2003. "Systematic skewness in asset pricing: an empirical examination of the Taiwan stock market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1877-1887.
- Chang, Eric C. & McQueen, Grant R. & Pinegar, J. Michael, 1999. "Cross-autocorrelation in Asian stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 471-493, December.
- Herrera, Martin J. & Lockwood, Larry J., 1994. "The size effect in the Mexican stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 621-632, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.