Augmenting Housing Sales Data to Improve Hedonic Estimates of Golf Courses
AbstractHedonic price modeling quantified the impact of golf course frontage on single-family housing prices at 20 different golf courses across the Midwestern City of Omaha, Nebraska. Geographic information system analyses tripled a sample of golf frontage sales which allowed courses to be valued by detailed access and ownership types, and for 15 individual courses. Private-non-equity courses had the greatest impact on adjacent housing prices (28%) followed by public courses (15%), municipal courses (9%) and private-equity courses (5%). However, a wide range of price impacts across individual courses was noted which indicates the benefits of conducting course specific analyses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Real Estate Society in its journal journal of Real Estate Research.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Palmquist, Raymond B, 1984. "Estimating the Demand for the Characteristics of Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 394-404, August.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Espey, Molly & Owusu-Edusei, Kwame, 2001. "Neighborhood Parks And Residential Property Values In Greenville, South Carolina," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(03), December.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-75, June.
- Su Han Chan & Shin-Hering Michelle Chu & George H. Lentz & Ko Wang, 1998. "Intra-Project Externality and Layout Variables in Residential Condominium Appraisals," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(2), pages 131-146.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.