Having Fun with Organized Kissing: A Pedagogical Note
AbstractHarbaugh's daughter went to a French school at which every day before class, everyone in the class must kiss each other. It is easy to see that a class of 35 kids must engage in 595 kisses. Organizing the kissing for the purpose of time-saving and predicting how much time it would take are proposed in this pedagogical note inspired by the entertaining puzzle made by Harbaugh. We also illustrate how this problem-solving case study, requiring no mathematics but careful reasoning, might be incorporated in teaching undergraduate students majoring in economics or business.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan in its journal International Journal of Business and Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
problem-solving; efficiency; instructional method; pairing up;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.