A Cge Analysis Of The Asean+3 Free Trade Agreement Under Different Market Structures
AbstractIn this paper, we investigate the economic effects of possible free trade agreements among ASEAN+3 countries, and then compare the economic results of those FTAs. Our main findings are as follows. First, the trilateral FTA among Korea, China, and ASEAN (FTA_KCA) under the imperfectly competitive model, which would bring about a 1.02% increase in GDP for Korea, is the second-best choice for Korea. Second, according to the sectoral effects, we determined that the output of agricultural products would decrease when China joins the FTA. This is because China has a comparative advantage in the production and export of agricultural products.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Hitotsubashi University in its journal Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 53 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Free Trade Agreement; Imperfectly competitive model; Computable general equilibrium analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1988. "Industrial Policy and International Competition in Wide-Bodied Jet Aircraft," NBER Chapters, in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 45-78 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2004. "Specification choice and robustness in CGE trade policy analysis with imperfect competition," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1065-1099, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Koji Sakaguchi).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.