The macroeconomic effects of world trade in financial assets
AbstractThis article analyzes some of the potential effects of increased international financial integration within a simple two-country model. In the model, the article considers a switch in the menu of internationally traded financial securities from bonds to complete contingent claims and examines the impact of this switch on the stochastic properties, including the cross-country correlations, of standard macroeconomic aggregates like output, consumption, and labor effort, as well as the trade balance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in its journal Quarterly Review.
Volume (Year): (1993)
Issue (Month): Sum ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cuñat, Alejandro & Maffezzoli, Marco, 2002.
"Heckscher-Ohlin Business Cycles,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3382, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- P Martin & H Rey, 2000.
"Financial Super-Markets: Size Matters for Asset Trade,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0450, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Martin, Philippe & Rey, Helene, 2004. "Financial super-markets: size matters for asset trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 335-361, December.
- Martin, Philippe & Rey, Hélène, 1999. "Financial Super-Markets: Size Matters for Asset Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 2232, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Martin & Helene Rey, 2001. "Financial Super-Markets: Size Matters for Asset Trade," NBER Working Papers 8476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Martin & H=E9l=E8ne Rey=, 2001. "Financial Super-Markets: Size Matters for Asset Trade," International Finance 0012001, EconWPA.
- Martin, Philippe & Rey, HÃ©lÃ¨ne, 2000. "Financial Super-Markets: Size Matters for Asset Trade," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt0dr2z6p9, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Philippe Martin and H�l�ne Rey., 2000. "Financial Super-Markets: Size Matters for Asset Trade," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C00-110, University of California at Berkeley.
- Heathcote, Jonathan & Perri, Fabrizio, 1999.
"Financial Autarky and International Business Cycles,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
320, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 30 Apr 2000.
- Heathcote, Jonathan & Perri, Fabrizio, 2002. "Financial autarky and international business cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 601-627, April.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Christopher Otrok & Charles H. Whiteman, 2005.
"Understanding the Evolution of World Business Cycles,"
IMF Working Papers
05/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Ayhan Kose, M. & Otrok, Christopher & Whiteman, Charles H., 2008. "Understanding the evolution of world business cycles," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 110-130, May.
- George Furstenberg, 1998. "From Worldwide Capital Mobility to International Financial Integration: A Review Essay," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 53-84, January.
- Michael A. Kouparitsas, 1996. "North-South financial integration and business cycles," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues WP-96-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janelle Ruswick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.