Open Innovation: Organizational Challenges of a New Paradigm of Innovation Management
AbstractThe goal of this paper is to analyze the main problems that emerge from the open innovation model. Adopting as analytical framework an organizational perspective we divide the main challenges that arise from the management of open innovation in two main categories: coordination problems as a result of open the innovation system to ideas and knowledge that may lie outside the boundaries of the firm and, incentive problems related with the creation and value capture of ideas an knowledge by the innovator. We describe and analyze several problems related with coordination and incentives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Research Studies Journal in its journal European Research Studies Journal.
Volume (Year): XIV (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ersj.eu/
Open Innovation; Coordination; Incentives; Intellectual Property;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- April Mitchell Franco & Darren Filson, 2000.
"Knowledge Diffusion through Employee Mobility,"
Claremont Colleges Working Papers
2000-61, Claremont Colleges.
- April Mitchell Franco & Darren Filson, 2006. "Spin‐outs: knowledge diffusion through employee mobility," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(4), pages 841-860, December.
- Lee, Sungjoo & Park, Gwangman & Yoon, Byungun & Park, Jinwoo, 2010. "Open innovation in SMEs--An intermediated network model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 290-300, March.
- Mark Rogers, 2004. "Networks, Firm Size and Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 141-153, 03.
- Karel Havlíček & Eleftherios Thalassinos & Liliana Berezkinova, 2013. "Innovation Management and Controlling in SMEs," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(Special I), pages 57-70.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.