The Equilibrium Value of The Euro/$ US Exchange Rate: An Evaluation of Research
AbstractThe ultimate object of research concerning the Euro is to answer the following questions: (#1) What is the equilibrium trajectory of the nominal euro, measured as dollars/euro? (#2) To what extent has the equilibrium nominal euro been determined by relative prices (PPP), and to what extent has it been determined by real fundamentals? (#3) How important have been the transitory factors in affecting the value of the euro? (#4) Is the euro currently undervalued, and by what criteria? Our evaluation of recent research concerning the answers to these questions, is the subject of this paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Research Studies Journal in its journal European Research Studies Journal.
Volume (Year): IV (2001)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (January - June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ersj.eu/
Euro; NATREX; BEER; equilibrium exchange rates; international capital flows; misalignment.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carsten Detken & Alistair Dieppe & Jér�me Henry & Frank Smets & Carmen Marin, 2002. "Determinants of the Effective Real Exchange Rate of the Synthetic Euro: Alternative Methodological Approaches," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 404-436, December.
- Gandolfo, Giancarlo & Goldberg, Michael D., 2005. "International Finance And Open-Economy Macroeconomics," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 263-266, April.
- Issing, Otmar, 2000. "How to Promote Growth in the Euro Area: The Contribution of Monetary Policy," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 309-27, July.
- Jorge Pérez-Rodríguez, 2006. "The Euro and Other Major Currencies Floating Against the U.S. Dollar," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(4), pages 367-384, December.
- Daniela Federici & Giancarlo Gandolfo, 2011.
"The Euro/Dollar Exchange Rate: Chaotic or Non-Chaotic?,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c016_035, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Daniela Federici & Giancarlo Gandolfo, 2011. "The Euro/Dollar Exchange Rate: Chaotic or Non-Chaotic?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3420, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.