Microfinance in Northeast Thailand: Who benefits and how much?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Coleman, Brett E., 1999. "The impact of group lending in Northeast Thailand," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 105-141, October.
- Besley, T. & Coate, S., 1991.
"Group Lending, Repayment Incentives And Social Collateral,"
152, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1995. "Group lending, repayment incentives and social collateral," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Wydick, Bruce, 1999. "The Effect of Microenterprise Lending on Child Schooling in Guatemala," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(4), pages 853-69, July.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Guinnane, Timothy W., 1999.
"The economics of lending with joint liability: theory and practice,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 195-228, October.
- Maitreesh Ghatak & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Discussion Papers 98-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Ghatak, M. & Guinnane, T.W., 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Papers 791, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Nava Ashraf & Dean S. Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2005.
"Tying Odysseus to the Mast: Evidence from a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines,"
917, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Nava Ashraf & Dean Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2006. "Tying Odysseus to the Mast: Evidence from a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 121(2), pages 635-672, May.
- Nava Ashaf & Dean Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2004. "Tying odysseus to the mast: Evidence from a commitment savings product in the philippines," Natural Field Experiments 00206, The Field Experiments Website.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Peer Monitoring and Credit Markets," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 351-66, September.
- Montgomery, Heather, 2005. "Meeting the double bottom line: the impact of Khushhali bank's microfinance program in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 32595, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shahidur R. Khandker, 2005.
"Microfinance and Poverty: Evidence Using Panel Data from Bangladesh,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 263-286.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 2003. "Microfinance and poverty - evidence using panel data from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2945, The World Bank.
- Siamwalla, Ammar, et al, 1990. "The Thai Rural Credit System: Public Subsidies, Private Information, and Segmented Markets," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 271-95, September.
- Martin Ravallion & Gaurav Datt, 1995. "Is Targeting Through a Work Requirement Efficient? Some Evidence for Rural India," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series archive-41, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Van Tassel, Eric, 1999. "Group lending under asymmetric information," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 3-25, October.
- Adams, Dale W & Von Pischke, J. D., 1992. "Microenterprise credit programs: Deja vu," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1463-1470, October.
- Signe-Mary McKernan, 2002. "The Impact Of Microcredit Programs On Self-Employment Profits: Do Noncredit Program Aspects Matter?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 93-115, February.
- Amin, Sajeda & Rai, Ashok S. & Topa, Giorgio, 2003.
"Does microcredit reach the poor and vulnerable? Evidence from northern Bangladesh,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 59-82, February.
- Amin, S. & Rai, A.S. & Topa, G., 2000. "Does Microcredit Reach the Poor and Vulnerable? Evidence from Nothern Bangladesh," Papers 28, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Sajeda Amin & Ashok S. Rai & Giorgio Topa, 1999. "Does Microcredit Reach the Poor and Vulnerable? Evidence from Northern Bangladesh," CID Working Papers 28, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Adams, Dale W. & Vogel, Robert C., 1986. "Rural financial markets in low-income countries: Recent controversies and lessons," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 477-487, April.
- Armendariz de Aghion, Beatriz, 1999. "On the design of a credit agreement with peer monitoring," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 79-104, October.
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker, 1998. "The Impact of Group-Based Credit Programs on Poor Households in Bangladesh: Does the Gender of Participants Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 958-996, October.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 1999. "Group lending, local information and peer selection," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 27-50, October.
- Park, Albert & Ren, Changqing, 2001. "Microfinance with Chinese Characteristics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 39-62, January.
- Conning, Jonathan, 1999. "Outreach, sustainability and leverage in monitored and peer-monitored lending," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 51-77, October.
- Maren Duvendack & Richard Palmer-Jones, 2012.
"High Noon for Microfinance Impact Evaluations: Re-investigating the Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(12), pages 1864-1880, December.
- Duvendack, Maren & Palmer-Jones, Richard, 2011. "High Noon for Microfinance Impact Evaluations: Re-investigating the Evidence from Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 27902, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toshio Kondo & Aniceto Orbeta Jr. & Clarence Dingcong & Christine Infantado, 2008.
"Impact of Microfinance on Rural Households in the Philippines,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22639, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Dingcong, Clarence G. & Kondo, Toshio & Infantado, Christine, 2008. "Impact of Microfinance on Rural Households in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2008-05, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Martijn Boermans & Daan Willebrands, 2012. "Financial constraints, risk taking and firm performance: Recent evidence from microfinance clients in Tanzania," DNB Working Papers 358, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Montgomery, Heather & Weiss, John, 2011. "Can Commercially-oriented Microfinance Help Meet the Millennium Development Goals? Evidence from Pakistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 87-109, January.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E., 2009. "Entrepreneurship, job creation, income empowerment and poverty reduction in low-income economies," MPRA Paper 29569, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amit Kundu & Suranjana Mitra, 2010.
"Group Lending Scheme Operating Through Primary Agricultural Credit Society: A Critical Assessment,"
The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(3), pages 61-77, August.
- Amit, Kundu & Suranjana, Mitra, 2010. "Group Lending Scheme operating through Primary Agricultural Credit Society: A Critical Assessment," MPRA Paper 23239, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jun 2010.
- Boonperm, Jirawan & Haughton, Jonathan & Khandker, Shahidur R., 2013. "Does the Village Fund matter in Thailand? Evaluating the impact on incomes and spending," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 3-16.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Rohini Somanathan & Zaki Wahhaj, 2010.
"Repayment Incentives And The Distribution Of Gains From Group Lending,"
192, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2013. "Repayment incentives and the distribution of gains from group lending," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 131-139.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2011. "Repayment incentives and the distribution of gains from group lending," CEPR Discussion Papers 8197, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barnaud, Cécile & Bousquet, François & Trebuil, Guy, 2008. "Multi-agent simulations to explore rules for rural credit in a highland farming community of Northern Thailand," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 615-627, July.
- Swain, Ranjula Bali & Varghese, Adel, 2009.
"Does Self Help Group Participation Lead to Asset Creation?,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1674-1682, October.
- Bali Swain, Ranjula & Varghese, Adel, 2008. "Does Self Help Group Participation Lead to Asset Creation?," Working Paper Series 2008:5, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Jun Goto, 2013. "The Impacts of Self-Help Group Programs: Experimental and Survey Evidence from South India," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2874-2889.
- David Hulme & Thankom Arun, 2011. "What’s wrong and right with microfinance – missing an angle on responsible finance?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 15511, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Munkung, Nuchanata, 2012. "Individual social capital and access to formal credit in Thailand," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123401, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Hussain A. Samad, 2013. "Microfinance Growth and Poverty Reduction in Bangladesh: What Does the Longitudinal Data Say?," Working Papers 16, Institute of Microfinance (InM).
- Deininger, Klaus & Liu, Yanyan, 2013. "Economic and Social Impacts of an Innovative Self-Help Group Model in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 149-163.
- World Bank, 2009. "Banking the Poor : Measuring Banking Access in 54 Economies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13804, October.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert, 2011. "Microfinance: Its Impact, Outreach, and Sustainability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 875-881, June.
- Dufhues, Thomas & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Quoc, Hoang Dinh & Munkung, Nuchanata, 2011. "Social capital and loan repayment performance in Southeast Asia," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 679-691.
- Jayati Ghosh, 2012. "Microfinance and the Challenge of Financial Inclusion for Development," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(67), pages 7-34, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.