Land, farming, livelihoods, and poverty: Rethinking the links in the Rural South
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adams, Richard H, Jr, 2002.
"Nonfarm Income, Inequality, and Land in Rural Egypt,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 339-63, January.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr, 1999. "Nonfarm income, inequality, and land in Rural Egypt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2178, The World Bank.
- Kusago, Takayoshi & Barham, Bradford L., 2001. "Preference Heterogeneity, Power, and Intrahousehold Decision-Making in Rural Malaysia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1237-1256, July.
- Richard Kirkby, 1999. "Sectoral and Structural Considerations in China's Rural Development," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 90(3), pages 272-284, 08.
- Philip F. Kelly, 1999. "Everyday Urbanization: The Social Dynamics of Development in Manila's Extended Metropolitan Region," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 283-303, 06.
- Rigg, Jonathan & Nattapoolwat, Sakunee, 2001. "Embracing the Global in Thailand: Activism and Pragmatism in an Era of Deagrarianization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 945-960, June.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 2004. "Agricultural Productivity Growth, Rural Economic Diversity, and Economic Reforms: India, 1970-2000," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 509-42, April.
- Bryceson, Deborah Fahy, 2002. "The Scramble in Africa: Reorienting Rural Livelihoods," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 725-739, May.
- Blaikie, Piers & Cameron, John & Seddon, David, 2002. "Understanding 20 Years of Change in West-Central Nepal: Continuity and Change in Lives and Ideas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1255-1270, July.
- Sen, Binayak, 2003. "Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 513-534, March.
- William L. Parish & Xiaoye Zhe & Fang Li, . "Nonfarm Work and Marketization of the Chinese Countryside," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 95-6, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Glassman, Jim, 2004. "Thailand at the Margins: Internationalization of the State and the Transformation of Labour," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199267637.
- Oya, Carlos, 2010. "Rural inequality, wage employment and labour market formation in Africa : historical and micro-level evidence," ILO Working Papers 458221, International Labour Organization.
- Winters, Paul & Davis, Benjamin & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Azzarri, Carlo & Stamoulis, Kostas, 2009. "Assets, Activities and Rural Income Generation: Evidence from a Multicountry Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1435-1452, September.
- Forsyth, Tim & Evans, Natalie, 2013. "What is Autonomous Adaption? Resource Scarcity and Smallholder Agency in Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 56-66.
- Gray, Clark L., 2009. "Environment, Land, and Rural Out-migration in the Southern Ecuadorian Andes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 457-468, February.
- Frost, Peter & Campbell, Bruce & Luckert, Martin (marty) & Mutamba, Manyewu & Mandondo, Alois & Kozanayi, Witness, 2007. "In Search of Improved Rural Livelihoods in Semi-Arid Regions through Local Management of Natural Resources: Lessons from Case Studies in Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1961-1974, November.
- Dressler, Wolfram & Roth, Robin, 2011. "The Good, the Bad, and the Contradictory: Neoliberal Conservation Governance in Rural Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 851-862, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.