The African Growth and Opportunity Act and the Global Commodity Chain for Clothing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy J. Sturgeon, 2002. "Modular production networks: a new American model of industrial organization," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 451-496, June.
- Gibbon, Peter, 2001. "Upgrading Primary Production: A Global Commodity Chain Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 345-363, February.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000.
"Global Production Networks and the Changing Geography of Innovation Systems: Implications for Developing Countries,"
Economics Study Area Working Papers
09, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002. "Global production networks and the changing geography of innovation systems. Implications for developing countries," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 497-523.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
- Pierre-Louis Vezina & Lorenzo Rotunno & Zheng Wang, 2012.
"The rise and fall of (Chinese) African apparel exports,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/2012-12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Rotunno, Lorenzo & Vézina, Pierre-Louis & Wang, Zheng, 2013. "The rise and fall of (Chinese) African apparel exports," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 152-163.
- Lorenzo Rotunno & Pierre-Louis Vezina & Zheng Wang, 2012. "The rise and fall of (Chinese) African apparel exports," CSAE Working Paper Series 2012-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Yan Dong & Yuliang Yao & Kefeng Xu, . "Designing Supply Chain Backorder Contracts for Customer Retention," Working Papers 0038, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- World Bank, 2007. "Vertical and Regional Integration to Promote African Textiles and Clothing Exports : A Close Knit Family?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7901, The World Bank.
- Büscher, Bram, 2014. "Selling Success: Constructing Value in Conservation and Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 79-90.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael & Morris, Mike, 2008. "Do the Asian Drivers Undermine Export-oriented Industrialization in SSA," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 254-273, February.
- Morris, Mike & Staritz, Cornelia, 2014. "Industrialization Trajectories in Madagascar’s Export Apparel Industry: Ownership, Embeddedness, Markets, and Upgrading," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 243-257.
- Palpacuer, Florence & Gibbon, Peter & Thomsen, Lotte, 2005. "New Challenges for Developing Country Suppliers in Global Clothing Chains: A Comparative European Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 409-430, March.
- Pipkin, Seth, 2011. "Local Means in Value Chain Ends: Dynamics of Product and Social Upgrading in Apparel Manufacturing in Guatemala and Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2119-2131.
- Jörg MAYER, 2004. "Not Totally Naked: Textiles And Clothing Trade In A Quota Free Environment," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 176, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Cling, Jean-Pierre & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, Francois, 2005. "Export processing zones in Madagascar: a success story under threat?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 785-803, May.
- Na-Allah, Abdelrasaq & Muchie, Mammo, 2012. "Social absorption capability, systems of innovation and manufactured export response to preferential trade incentives," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 93-101.
- Roubaud, François & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Cling, Jean-Pierre, 2009.
"Export Processing Zones in Madagascar: the impact of the dismantling of clothing quotas on employment and labour standards,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/4336, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jean-Pierre Cling & Mireille Razafindrakoto & François Roubaud, 2007. "Export Processing Zones in Madagascar: the impact of the dismantling of clothing quotas on employment and labour standards," Working Papers DT/2007/06, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2006. "Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Industrial Innovation in Developing Countries," KITeS Working Papers 192, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Dec 2006.
- Cornelia Staritz, 2011. "Making the Cut? Low-Income Countries and the Global Clothing Value Chain in a Post-Quota and Post-Crisis World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2547, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.