Upgrading Primary Production: A Global Commodity Chain Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 29 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cramer, Christopher, 1999. "Can Africa Industrialize by Processing Primary Commodities? The Case of Mozambican Cashew Nuts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1247-1266, July.
- Humphrey, John, 1995. "Industrial reorganization in developing countries: From models to trajectories," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 149-162, January.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
- Schurman, Rachel A., 1996. "Snails, southern hake and sustainability: Neoliberalism and natural resource exports in Chile," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1695-1709, November.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael & Morris, Mike, 1999. "Trade Policy Reform and the Competitive Response in Kwazulu Natal Province, South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 717-737, April.
- Schmitz, Hubert & Nadvi, Khalid, 1999. "Clustering and Industrialization: Introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1503-1514, September.
- Kenney, Martin & Florida, Richard, 1994. "Japanese maquiladoras: Production organization and global commodity chains," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 27-44, January.
- Gibbon, Peter, 2003. "The African Growth and Opportunity Act and the Global Commodity Chain for Clothing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1809-1827, November.
- Stefano Ponte, 2008. "Developing a â€˜Verticalâ€™ Dimension to Chronic Poverty Research: Some Lessons from Global Value Chain Analysis," Working Papers id:1743, eSocialSciences.
- Roger Strange, 2011. "The outsourcing of primary activities: theoretical analysis and propositions," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 249-269, May.
- Phelps, Nicholas A. & Stillwell, John C.H. & Wanjiru, Roseline, 2009. "Broken Chain? AGOA and Foreign Direct Investment in the Kenyan Clothing Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 314-325, February.
- Allen J. Scott, 2005. "The shoe industry of Marikina City, Philippines: a developing country cluster in crisis," Urban/Regional 0511003, EconWPA.
- Kiemen, Anna & Beuchelt, Tina, 2010. "Certification as an upgrading strategy for small-scale farmers and their cooperatives : a value chain analysis for Nicaraguan coffee," Research in Development Economics and Policy (Discussion Paper Series) 122652, Universitaet Hohenheim, Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics.
- Strange, Roger & Newton, James, 2006. "Stephen Hymer and the externalization of production," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 180-193, April.
- Islam, Md. Saidul, 2008. "From pond to plate: Towards a twin-driven commodity chain in Bangladesh shrimp aquaculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 209-223, June.
- Frank Hartwich & Carlos Negro, 2010. "The role of collaborative partnerships in industry innovation: lessons from New Zealand's dairy sector," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 425-449.
- Schulpen, Lau & Gibbon, Peter, 2002. "Private Sector Development: Policies, Practices and Problems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Scott, Allen J., 2006. "The Changing Global Geography of Low-Technology, Labor-Intensive Industry: Clothing, Footwear, and Furniture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1517-1536, September.
- Raynolds, Laura T., 2004. "The Globalization of Organic Agro-Food Networks," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 725-743, May.
- Leonhard Plank & Cornelia Staritz, 2013. "‘Precarious upgrading’ in electronics global production networks in Central and Eastern Europe: the cases of Hungary and Romania," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-31, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Cem Somel, 2004. "Commodity Chains, Unequal Exchange and Uneven Development," ERC Working Papers 0411, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Sep 2004.
- Kouwenhoven, Gerry & Reddy Nalla, Vijayender & Lossonczy von Losoncz, Ton, 2012. "Creating Sustainable Businesses by Reducing Food Waste: A Value Chain Framework for Eliminating Inefficiencies," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 15(3).
- Ponte, Stefano & Ewert, Joachim, 2009. "Which Way is "Up" in Upgrading? Trajectories of Change in the Value Chain for South African Wine," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1637-1650, October.
- Ingrid Fromm, 2007. "Upgrading in Agricultural Value Chains: The Case of Small Producers in Honduras," GIGA Working Paper Series 64, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Velkar, Aashish, 2010. "‘Deep’ integration of 19th century grain markets: coordination and standardisation in a global value chain," Economic History Working Papers 28988, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Giulio Buciuni & Giancarlo Corò & Stefano Micelli, 2012. "Global competition in mature industries. Upgrading through manufacturing," Working Papers 1214, c.MET-05 - Centro interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Meenu Tiwari, 2006. "The Role of Price and cost Competitiveness in Apparel Exports, post MFA: A Review," Working Papers id:485, eSocialSciences.
- Tran, Nhuong & Bailey, Conner & Wilson, Norbert & Phillips, Michael, 2013. "Governance of Global Value Chains in Response to Food Safety and Certification Standards: The Case of Shrimp from Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 325-336.
- Wei ZHAO & Rigas ARVANITIS, 2008. "L’Inégal Développement Industriel De La Chine : Capacités D’Innovation Et Coexistence De Différents Modes D’Apprentissage Technologique," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 28, pages 61-85.
- Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in Clusters and Value Chains in Latin America: The Role of Policies," IDB Publications 40778, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sukhpal Singh, 2013. "Governance and upgrading in export grape global production networks in India," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-33, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.