Pluralism and well-being indices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 25 (1997)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Other versions of this item:
- Qizilbash, M., 1996. "Pluralism and well-being indices," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9636, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luchters, Guido & Menkhoff, Lukas, 1996. "Human development as statistical artifact," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1385-1392, August.
- Qizilbash, Mozaffar, 1996.
Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1209-1221, July.
- Qizilbash, M., 1995. "Ethical development," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9512, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Srinivasan, T N, 1994. "Human Development: A New Paradigm or Reinvention of the Wheel?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 238-43, May.
- Qizilbash, Mozaffar, 1998.
"The Concept of Well-Being,"
Economics and Philosophy,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 51-73, April.
- Qizilbash, M., 1996. "The concept of well-being," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9634, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1977. "On Weights and Measures: Informational Constraints in Social Welfare Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1539-72, October.
- Desai, Meghnad, 1991. "Human development : Concepts and measurement," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 350-357, April.
- Mozaffar Qizilbash, 1996. "Capabilities, well-being and human development: A survey," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-162.
- Mozaffar Qizilbash, 1997. "Needs, Incommensurability and Well-being," Review of Political Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 261-276.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Weale, Martin, 1992. "On measuring the quality of life," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 119-131, January.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309.
- Subramanian, S., 2004. "Indicators of Inequality and Poverty," Working Papers UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Erik Schokkaert, 2007.
"The capabilities approach,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces0734, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Schokkaert, Erik, 2007. "The capabilities approach," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/175505, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 1997.
"Some dimensions of the 'quality of life' during the British industrial revolution,"
Economic History Working Papers
20349, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Nicholas Crafts, 1997. "Some Dimensions of the Quality of Life during the British Industrial Revolution," CEP Discussion Papers dp0339, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Qizilbash, Mozaffar, 2004.
"On the Arbitrariness and Robustness of Multi-Dimensional Poverty Rankings,"
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mozaffar Qizilbash, 2004. "On the Arbitrariness and Robustness of Multi-Dimensional Poverty Rankings," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 355-375.
- Alkire, Sabina, 2002. "Dimensions of Human Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 181-205, February.
- Anand, Paul & van Hees, Martin, 2006. "Capabilities and achievements: An empirical study," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 268-284, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.