Economic development and environmental pollution: traps and growth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Structural Change and Economic Dynamics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gruver, Gene W., 1976. "Optimal investment in pollution control capital in a neoclassical growth context," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 165-177, October.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2135, David K. Levine.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Matsuyama, Kiminori, 1991.
"Increasing Returns, Industrialization, and Indeterminacy of Equilibrium,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 106(2), pages 617-50, May.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 1990. "Increasing Returns, Industrialization and Indeterminacy of Equilibrium," Discussion Papers 878, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Anastasios Xepapadeas & Esma Amri, 1998. "Some Empirical Indications of the Relationship Between Environmental Quality and Economic Development," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(1), pages 93-106, January.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Lucas, Robert E B & Wheeler, David, 1992. "The Toxic Intensity of Industrial Production: Global Patterns, Trends, and Trade Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 478-81, May.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- Léonard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992.
"Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521337465, October.
- Léonard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992. "Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521331586, October.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Cake Eating, Chattering, and Jumps: Existence Results for Variational Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 897-908, July.
- Azariadis, Costas & Drazen, Allan, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-26, May.
- Vladimir Kühl Teles & Ronaldo A. Arraes, 2004.
"Environmental Protection And Economic Growth,"
Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
044, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Van Meensel, Jef & Lauwers, Ludwig H. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido & Van Passel, Steven, 2009. "Exploring production-theoretical insights for analyzing trade-offs between economic performance and environmental pressure at firm level," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51725, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Anastasios Xepapadeas, 1999.
"Environmental Policy and Firm Behavior: Abatement Investment and Location Decisions Under Uncertainty and Irreversibility,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2001. "Environmental Policy and Firm Behavior: Abatement Investment and Location Decisions under Uncertainty and Irreversibility," NBER Chapters, in: Behavioral and Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy, pages 281-308 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Economides & Apostolis Philippopoulos, 2000. "Pollution and Resource Extraction: Do they Matter for the Dynamics of Growth?," CESifo Working Paper Series 361, CESifo Group Munich.
- Don Fullerton & Seung-Rae Kim, 2006.
"Environmental Investment and Policy with Distortionary Taxes and Endogenous Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
12070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fullerton, Don & Kim, Seung-Rae, 2008. "Environmental investment and policy with distortionary taxes, and endogenous growth," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 141-154, September.
- Fabien Prieur, 2007.
"The Environmental Kuznets Curve in a World of Irreversibility,"
2007.57, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fabien Prieur, 2009. "The environmental Kuznets curve in a world of irreversibility," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 57-90, July.
- Ricci, Francesco, 2007.
"Channels of transmission of environmental policy to economic growth: A survey of the theory,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 688-699, February.
- Francesco Ricci, 2004. "Channels of Transmission of Environmental Policy to Economic Growth: A Survey of the Theory," Working Papers 2004.52, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bayramoglu, Basak & Jacques, Jean-François, 2009. "Environmental big push," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5551, Paris Dauphine University.
- Karvonen, Minna-Maari, 2001. "Natural versus manufactured capital: win-lose or win-win? A case study of the Finnish pulp and paper industry," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 71-85, April.
- Thomas Bassetti & Nikos Benos & Stelios Karagiannis, 2013. "CO 2 Emissions and Income Dynamics: What Does the Global Evidence Tell Us?," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(1), pages 101-125, January.
- Mónica Meireles & Isabel Soares & Óscar Afonso, 2010. "Economic Growth, Ecological Technology and Public Intervention," FEP Working Papers 378, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.