A joint test for serial correlation and random individual effects
AbstractThis paper derives a simple lagrange multiplier (LM) test which jointly tests the presence of random individual effects and serial correlation. This test is an extension of the Breusch and Pagan (1980) LM test. It is computationally simple and requires only the OLS residuals. It should prove useful for panel data applications where both serial correlation and random individual effects are suspect.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 11 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yves Croissant & Giovanni Millo, . "Panel Data Econometrics in R: The plm Package," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 27(i02).
- Petrakis, P. E. & Stamatakis, D., 2002. "Growth and educational levels: a comparative analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 513-521, October.
- Gilberto Fraga & Carlos Bacha, 2011. "The Non-linearity of the Relationship between Human Capital and Exports in Brazil â€“ evidences of regional differences," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1016, European Regional Science Association.
- Chen, Kevin Z. & D. Meilke, Karl & Turvey, Calum, 1999. "Income risk and farm consumption behavior," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 173-183, March.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 1995. "Testing AR(1) against MA(1) disturbances in an error component model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 133-151, July.
- Walter Sosa Escudero & Anil K. Bera, 2008. "Tests for Unbalanced Error Component Models Under Local Misspecication," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0065, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Walter Sosa Escudero, 2007. "Testing for Persistence in the Error Component Model:A One-Sided Approach," Working Papers 94, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Feb 2007.
- Anil K. Bera & Walter Sosa Escudero & Mann Yoon, 2000.
"Tests for the Error Component Model in the Presence of Local Misspecification,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1888, Econometric Society.
- Bera, Anil K. & Sosa-Escudero, Walter & Yoon, Mann, 2001. "Tests for the error component model in the presence of local misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Anil Bera & Walter Sosa Escudero & Mann Yoon, 2000. "Test for the Error Component Model in the Presence of Local Misspecification," Department of Economics, Working Papers 022, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- McMahon, Walter W., 1998. "Education and Growth in East Asia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 159-172, April.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Thomas E. Weisskopf, 2010. "Does Affirmative Action Affect Productivity In The Indian Railways?," Working papers 185, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Walter Sosa Escudero & Federico Zincenko, 2008. "Tests for Dynamic Effects in Linear Panel Data Models," Working Papers 95, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Feb 2008.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.