Education and Growth in East Asia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 17 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 1995.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
5326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1992.
"A Sensitivity Analysis of Cross-Country Growth Regressions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 942-63, September.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "A sensitivity analysis of cross-country growth regressions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 609, The World Bank.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Ping Wang, 1993. "Educational achievement and economic growth: evidence from Taiwan," Working Paper 93-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Takatoshi Ito & Anne O. Krueger, 1995. "Growth Theories in Light of the East Asian Experience, NBER-EASE Volume 4," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number ito_95-2, October.
- Young, Alwyn, 1993. "Substitution and Complementarity in Endogenous Innovation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 775-807, August.
- Eliasson, Gunnar & Fölster, Stefan & Lindberg, Thomas & Pousette, Tomas & Taymaz, Erol, 1990. "The Knowledge Based Information Economy," Working Paper Series 256, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 1991. "A joint test for serial correlation and random individual effects," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 277-280, March.
- Alwyn Young, 1993. "Substitution and Complementarity in Endogenous Innovation," NBER Working Papers 4256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Romer, David & Weil, David N, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-37, May.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2005.
"Educational production in East Asia: The impact of family background and schooling policies on student performance,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
19657, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ludger Wö�mann, 2005. "Educational Production in East Asia: The Impact of Family Background and Schooling Policies on Student Performance," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(3), pages 331-353, 08.
- Woessmann, Ludger, 2003. "Educational Production in East Asia: The Impact of Family Background and Schooling Policies on Student Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 745, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ludger Wößmann, 2003. "Educational Production in East Asia: The Impact of Family Background and Schooling Policies on Student Performance," Kiel Working Papers 1152, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Petrakis, P. E. & Stamatakis, D., 2002. "Growth and educational levels: a comparative analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 513-521, October.
- Anwar, Mumtaz & Rashid, Muhammad Khalid, 2011. "Effectiveness of foreign aid in the light of millennium development goal on the education sector: a case study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 37141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & Boaz Nandwa, 2007.
"On the Impact of Foreign Aid in Education on Growth: How Relevant Is the Heterogeneity of Aid Flows and the Heterogeneity of Aid Recipients?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 143(4), pages 631-649, December.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & Boaz Nandwa, 2007. "On the Impact of Foreign Aid in Education on Growth: How Relevant is the Heterogeneity of Aid Flows and the Heterogeneity of Aid Recipients?," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200701, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Maria Neycheva, 2008. "Public Expenditure for Education and Economic Growth," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 6, pages 67-81.
- Lin, Tin-Chun, 2004. "The role of higher education in economic development: an empirical study of Taiwan case," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 355-371, April.
- Michael Clemens, 2004.
"The Long Walk to School: International Education Goals in Historical Perspective,"
37, Center for Global Development.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2004. "The Long Walk to School: International education goals in historical perspective," Development and Comp Systems 0403007, EconWPA.
- Zhang, Chuanguo & Zhuang, Lihuan, 2011. "The composition of human capital and economic growth: Evidence from China using dynamic panel data analysis," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 165-171, March.
- Warunsiri, Sasiwimon & McNown, Robert, 2010. "The Returns to Education in Thailand: A Pseudo-Panel Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1616-1625, November.
- Goldbach, Stefan, 2012.
"Innovation and Education: Is there a 'Nerd Effect'?,"
Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century
62307, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Goldbach, Stefan, 2012. "Innovation and Education: Is there a ‘Nerd Effect’?," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 56008, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Lin, T. -C., 2003. "Education, technical progress, and economic growth: the case of Taiwan," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 213-220, April.
- Oketch, Moses O., 2006. "Determinants of human capital formation and economic growth of African countries," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 554-564, October.
- Chapman, Bruce & Lounkaew, Kiatanantha, 2013. "Introduction to the special issue on Economic Research for Education Policy," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 200-203.
- Saarivirta, Toni & Consoli, Davide, 2007. "Where Did They Go? A Study on Newly Established Universities and Graduate Mobility in Finland," MPRA Paper 11377, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chi, Wei & Qian, Xiaoye, 2009. "The role of education in regional innovation activities and economic growth: spatial evidence from China," MPRA Paper 15779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petrakis, P.E. & Stamatakis, D., 2005. "Human capital, growth and convergence traps: Implications from a cross-country analysis," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 26, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.