The influence of service quality on satisfaction and intention: A gender segmentation strategy
AbstractThe purpose of this study was to examine the influence of consumers' service quality perceptions on satisfaction, revisit intention and the role of gender in the context of high profile golf club business. Specifically, the researchers investigated (1) the role of gender in predicting their service quality perceptions and (2) the relationship between quality perceptions and satisfaction and intention. A total of 528 golf club members participated in the study. Seventy one percent of the respondents (nÂ =Â 375) were male while twenty nine percent of the respondents were female golfers (nÂ =Â 153). Results showed that Tangibles and Empathy were critical service quality dimensions for determining satisfaction of both male and female golfers. Female golfers tended to pay more attention to physical representations, cleanliness and appearance of service encounters. The findings of this study may suggest meaningful implications (e.g., developing market segmentation and promotional strategies) for managers in the golf industry.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Sport Management Review.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelley, Scott W. & Turley, L. W., 2001. "Consumer perceptions of service quality attributes at sporting events," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 161-166, November.
- Murray, Duncan & Howat, Gary, 2002. "The Relationships among Service Quality, Value, Satisfaction, and Future Intentions of Customers at an Australian Sports and Leisure Centre," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 25-43, May.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Jae Ko, Yong & Durrant, Sue M. & Mangiantini, John, 2008. "Assessment of Services Provided to NCAA Division I Athletes: Development of a Model and Instrument," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 193-214, September.
- Theodorakis, Nicholas D. & Alexandris, Kostas & Tsigilis, Nikolaos & Karvounis, Serafim, 2013. "Predicting spectators’ behavioural intentions in professional football: The role of satisfaction and service quality," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 85-96.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.