The five careers of the biological metaphor in economic theory
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics).
Volume (Year): 27 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buchanan, James M. & Vanberg, Viktor J., 1991. "The Market as a Creative Process," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 167-186, October.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211.
- Frank, Robert H, 1987. "If Homo Economicus Could Choose His Own Utility Function, Would He Want One with a Conscience?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 593-604, September.
- Allen, P. M. & McGlade, J. M., 1987. "Modelling complex human systems: A fisheries example," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 147-167, June.
- Khalil, Elias L., 1995. "The socioculturalist agenda in economics: Critical remarks of Thorstein Veblen's legacy," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 545-569.
- Judson, D. H., 1989. "The convergence of neo-Ricardian and embodied energy theories of value and price," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 261-281, October.
- Dung, Tran Huu, 1992. "Consumption, production and technological progress: a unified entropic approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 195-210, December.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M, 1994. "Optimisation and Evolution: Winter's Critique of Friedman Revisited," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 413-30, August.
- Khalil, Elias L., 1990. "Entropy law and exhaustion of natural resources Is Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen's paradigm defensible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 163-178, June.
- Khalil, Elias L, 1996. "Non-linear Dynamics versus Development Processes: Two Kinds of Change," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 64(3), pages 309-22, September.
- Khalil, Elias L., 1990. "Beyond Self-Interest and Altruism: A Reconstruction of Adam Smith's Theory of Human Conduct," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 255-273, October.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 1977. "Economics from a Biological Viewpoint," UCLA Economics Working Papers 087, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1996. "Rationality, Evolution, and Acquisitiveness," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 484-95, July.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1977. "Economics from a Biological Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 1-52, April.
- Herbert A. Simon, 1991. "Organizations and Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 25-44, Spring.
- Winter, Sidney G, 1971. "Satisficing, Selection, and the Innovating Remnant," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 237-61, May.
- Khalil, Elias L, 1997. "Is the Firm an Individual?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 519-44, July.
- Herman E. Daly, 1968. "On Economics as a Life Science," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 392.
- Shaikh,Anwar M. & Tonak,E. Ahmet, 1997. "Measuring the Wealth of Nations," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521564793.
- Becker, Gary S, 1976. "Altruism, Egoism, and Genetic Fitness: Economics and Sociobiology," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 817-26, September.
- João Rogério Sanson, 2007.
"Ethics, politics, and Nonsatiation in Consumption: A Synthesis,"
ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 8(1), pages 1â20.
- João Rogério Sanson, 2005. "Ethics, Politics, And Nonsatiation In Consumption: A Synthesis," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 136, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.