Promotional policy for renewable energy development in Taiwan
AbstractOn June 12, 2009, Taiwan government approved a bill of "Statute for Renewable Energy Development", which aimed at promoting the use of renewable energy, boosting energy diversification, and helping reduce greenhouse gases. The new act caps the subsidies for renewable energy up to 10Â GW within 20 years. It authorizes the government to enhance incentives for the development of renewable energy via a variety of methods, including the acquisition mechanisms, incentives for demonstration projects, and the loosening of regulatory restrictions. According to the subsidies of the Statute, the share of power capacity of renewable energies will be triple of the nationwide power installation capacity by 2029. The purpose of this paper is to present an updated overview of promotional policy of renewable energy in Taiwan, in addition to evaluate the growth space of individual renewable energies in the post-Statute era by considering the technology development, domestic conditions, and indigenous industries related to renewable energy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
Volume (Year): 14 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hwang, Jenn Jiang & Chang, Wei Ru, 2011. "Policy progress in mitigation of climate change in Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1113-1122, March.
- Lee, Shun-Chung & Shih, Li-Hsing, 2011. "Enhancing renewable and sustainable energy development based on an options-based policy evaluation framework: Case study of wind energy technology in Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 2185-2198, June.
- Huang, Yun-Hsun & Wu, Jung-Hua, 2011. "Assessment of the feed-in tariff mechanism for renewable energies in Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 8106-8115.
- Motasemi, F. & Afzal, Muhammad T., 2013. "A review on the microwave-assisted pyrolysis technique," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 317-330.
- Lee, Shun-Chung, 2011. "Using real option analysis for highly uncertain technology investments: The case of wind energy technology," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4443-4450.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.