Land use externalities, open space preservation, and urban sprawl
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990.
"Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment,"
3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Manski, Charles F, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 531-42, July.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:1989.01 is not listed on IDEAS
- HENDERSON, J. Vernon & THISSE, Jacques-François, .
"On strategic community development,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1502, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Grenadier, Steven R, 1996. " The Strategic Exercise of Options: Development Cascades and Overbuilding in Real Estate Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1653-79, December.
- Henderson, Vernon & Mitra, Arindam, 1996. "The new urban landscape: Developers and edge cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 613-643, December.
- McDonald, Robert & Siegel, Daniel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-27, November.
- Capozza, Dennis & Li, Yuming, 1994. "The Intensity and Timing of Investment: The Case of Land," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 889-904, September.
- Henderson, Vernon & Becker, Randy, 2000. "Political Economy of City Sizes and Formation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 453-484, November.
- Harry R Clarke & William J. Reed, 1989.
"The Tree-Cutting Problem in a Stochastic Environment: The case of Age Dependent Growth,"
1989.01, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Clarke, Harry R. & Reed, William J., 1989. "The tree-cutting problem in a stochastic environment : The case of age-dependent growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 569-595, October.
- Arnott, Richard J & Lewis, Frank D, 1979.
"The Transition of Land to Urban Use,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 161-69, February.
- J Landis & M Zhang, 1998. "The second generation of the California urban futures model. Part 2: Specification and calibration results of the land-use change submodel," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(6), pages 795-824, November.
- Capozza, Dennis R. & Helsley, Robert W., 1989. "The fundamentals of land prices and urban growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 295-306, November.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 2000.
00-05-028, Santa Fe Institute.
- Nancy E. Bockstael, 1996. "Modeling Economics and Ecology: The Importance of a Spatial Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1168-1180.
- Daniel P. McMillen, 1989. "An Empirical Model of Urban Fringe Land Use," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(2), pages 138-145.
- Schatzki, Todd, 2003. "Options, uncertainty and sunk costs:: an empirical analysis of land use change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 86-105, July.
- Steven R. Grenadier, 2002. "Option Exercise Games: An Application to the Equilibrium Investment Strategies of Firms," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 691-721.
- Monique DANTAS (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Frédéric GASCHET (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2010. "Regulatory zoning and coastal housing prices: a bayesian hedonic approach (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2010-12, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Caruso, Geoffrey & Peeters, Dominique & Cavailhes, Jean & Rounsevell, Mark, 2007.
"Spatial configurations in a periurban city. A cellular automata-based microeconomic model,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 542-567, September.
- Geoffrey Caruso & Dominique Peeters & Jean Cavailhes & Mark Rounsevell, 2007. "Spatial configuration in a periurban city. A cellular automata-based microeconomic model," Working Papers 25364, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- CARUSO, Geoffrey & PEETERS, Dominique & CAVAILHES, Jean & ROUNSEVELL, Mark, . "Spatial configurations in a periurban city. A cellular automata-based microeconomic model," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1986, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Song, Feng & Zhao, Jinhua & Swinton, Scott M., 2009.
"Switching to Perennial Energy Crops under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility,"
56195, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Feng Song & Jinhua Zhao & Scott M. Swinton, 2011. "Switching to Perennial Energy Crops Under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 764-779.
- Sims, Katharine R.E. & Schuetz, Jenny, 2009. "Local regulation and land-use change: The effects of wetlands bylaws in Massachusetts," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 409-421, July.
- Bell, Kathleen P. & Dalton, Timothy J., 2006.
"Spatial Economic Analysis in Data-Rich Environments,"
2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia
25241, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kathleen P. Bell & Timothy J. Dalton, 2007. "Spatial Economic Analysis in Data-Rich Environments," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 487-501, 09.
- Padeiro, Miguel, 2014. "The influence of transport infrastructures on land-use conversion decisions within municipal plans," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 7(1), pages 79-93.
- Lewis, David J. & Provencher, Bill & Butsic, Van, 2009. "The dynamic effects of open-space conservation policies on residential development density," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 239-252, May.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Seung Gyu & Roberts, Roland K., 2009. "Measuring the Effects of a Land Value Tax on Land Development," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46760, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Belal Fallah & Mark Partridge & M. Olfert, 2012. "Uncertain economic growth and sprawl: evidence from a stochastic growth approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 589-617, December.
- Lewis, David J. & Provencher, Bill & Butsic, Van, 2008. "The Dynamic Effects of Open-Space Conservation Policies on Residential Development Density," Staff Paper Series 522, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Jeanne DACHARY-BERNARD (UR ADBX, CEMAGREF) & Sandrine LYSER (UR ADBX, CEMAGREF) & Frédéric GASCHET (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Stéphane VIROL (GREThA, C, 2011. "Real Estate and Land Values on the shoreline: a transaction-level analysis (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Lynch, Lori & Duke, Joshua M., 2007. "Economic Benefits of Farmland Preservation: Evidence from the United States," Working Papers 7342, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Wouter Vermeulen & Jan Rouwendal, 2008. "Urban Expansion or Clustered Deconcentration?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-043/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Rainer Schulz & Martin Wersing, 2012. "A Slab in the Face: Building Quality and Neighborhood Effects," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-020, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Janmaat, John, 2008. "Playing monopoly in the creek: Imperfect competition, development, and in-stream flows," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 455-473, August.
- Chakir, Raja & Le Gallo, Julie, 2013. "Predicting land use allocation in France: A spatial panel data analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 114-125.
- Dachary-Bernard, Jeanne & Rambonilaza, Tina & Lemarié-Boutry, Marie, 2014. "The response of land markets to flood protection and flood experience: a hedonic price modeling on the Gironde estuary (France)," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 169761, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Lewis, David J., 2010. "An economic framework for forecasting land-use and ecosystem change," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 98-116, April.
- Gnagey, Matthew, 2012. "Heterogeneous Developers, Spatial Interactions, and Land Development Outcomes under Uncertainty," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124932, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Coisnon, Thomas & Oueslati, Walid & Salanié, Julien, 2014. "Urban sprawl occurrence under spatially varying agricultural amenities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 38-49.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.