Land use externalities, open space preservation, and urban sprawl
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schatzki, Todd, 2003. "Options, uncertainty and sunk costs:: an empirical analysis of land use change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 86-105, July.
- Brock, William A. & Durlauf, Steven N., 2001.
Handbook of Econometrics,
in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 54, pages 3297-3380
- Nancy E. Bockstael, 1996. "Modeling Economics and Ecology: The Importance of a Spatial Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1168-1180.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1991.
"Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1110-48, September.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1991. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment," NBER Working Papers 3307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Working papers 3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pindyck, Robert, 1989. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 294, The World Bank.
- Manski, Charles F, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 531-42, July.
- McDonald, Robert & Siegel, Daniel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-27, November.
- Capozza, Dennis & Li, Yuming, 1994. "The Intensity and Timing of Investment: The Case of Land," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 889-904, September.
- J Landis & M Zhang, 1998. "The second generation of the California urban futures model. Part 2: Specification and calibration results of the land-use change submodel," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(6), pages 795-824, November.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:1989.01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Arnott & Frank D. Lewis, 1977.
"The Transition of Land to Urban Use,"
267, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Steven R. Grenadier, 2002. "Option Exercise Games: An Application to the Equilibrium Investment Strategies of Firms," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(3), pages 691-721.
- Grenadier, Steven R, 1996. " The Strategic Exercise of Options: Development Cascades and Overbuilding in Real Estate Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1653-79, December.
- Daniel P. McMillen, 1989. "An Empirical Model of Urban Fringe Land Use," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(2), pages 138-145.
- repec:ner:louvai:info:hdl:2078.1/23341 is not listed on IDEAS
- Henderson, Vernon & Becker, Randy, 2000. "Political Economy of City Sizes and Formation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 453-484, November.
- Clarke, Harry R. & Reed, William J., 1989.
"The tree-cutting problem in a stochastic environment : The case of age-dependent growth,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 569-595, October.
- Harry R Clarke & William J. Reed, 1989. "The Tree-Cutting Problem in a Stochastic Environment: The case of Age Dependent Growth," Working Papers 1989.01, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Capozza, Dennis R. & Helsley, Robert W., 1989. "The fundamentals of land prices and urban growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 295-306, November.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2001. "On Strategic Community Development," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(3), pages 546-569, June.
- Henderson, Vernon & Mitra, Arindam, 1996. "The new urban landscape: Developers and edge cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 613-643, December.
- Caruso, Geoffrey & Peeters, Dominique & Cavailhes, Jean & Rounsevell, Mark, 2007. "Spatial configurations in a periurban city. A cellular automata-based microeconomic model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 542-567, September.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Seung Gyu & Roberts, Roland K., 2009. "Measuring the Effects of a Land Value Tax on Land Development," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46760, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sims, Katharine R.E. & Schuetz, Jenny, 2009. "Local regulation and land-use change: The effects of wetlands bylaws in Massachusetts," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 409-421, July.
- Lynch, Lori & Duke, Joshua M., 2007. "Economic Benefits of Farmland Preservation: Evidence from the United States," Working Papers 7342, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Lewis, David J., 2010. "An economic framework for forecasting land-use and ecosystem change," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 98-116, April.
- Jeanne DACHARY-BERNARD (UR ADBX, CEMAGREF) & Sandrine LYSER (UR ADBX, CEMAGREF) & Frédéric GASCHET (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Stéphane VIROL (GREThA, C, 2011. "Real Estate and Land Values on the shoreline: a transaction-level analysis (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Kathleen P. Bell & Timothy J. Dalton, 2007.
"Spatial Economic Analysis in Data-Rich Environments,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 487-501, 09.
- Bell, Kathleen P. & Dalton, Timothy J., 2006. "Spatial Economic Analysis in Data-Rich Environments," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25241, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lewis, David J. & Provencher, Bill & Butsic, Van, 2009. "The dynamic effects of open-space conservation policies on residential development density," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 239-252, May.
- Feng Song & Jinhua Zhao & Scott M. Swinton, 2011.
"Switching to Perennial Energy Crops Under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 764-779.
- Song, Feng & Zhao, Jinhua & Swinton, Scott M., 2009. "Switching to Perennial Energy Crops under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility," Staff Papers 56195, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Lewis, David J. & Provencher, Bill & Butsic, Van, 2008. "The Dynamic Effects of Open-Space Conservation Policies on Residential Development Density," Staff Paper Series 522, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Gnagey, Matthew, 2012. "Heterogeneous Developers, Spatial Interactions, and Land Development Outcomes under Uncertainty," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124932, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Janmaat, John, 2008. "Playing monopoly in the creek: Imperfect competition, development, and in-stream flows," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 455-473, August.
- Rainer Schulz & Martin Wersing, 2012. "A Slab in the Face: Building Quality and Neighborhood Effects," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-020, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Monique DANTAS (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Frédéric GASCHET (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2010. "Regulatory zoning and coastal housing prices: a bayesian hedonic approach (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2010-12, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Wouter Vermeulen & Jan Rouwendal, 2008. "Urban Expansion or Clustered Deconcentration?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-043/3, Tinbergen Institute.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.