Addressing the growth failure of the oil economies: The role of financial development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 46 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong Wha, 1996. "International Measures of Schooling Years and Schooling Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 218-23, May.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 2012.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
CEMA Working Papers
568, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason & Gylfi Zoega, 2006.
"Natural Resources and Economic Growth: The Role of Investment,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 1091-1115, 08.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason & Gylfi Zoega, 2002. "Natural Resources And Economic Growth: The Role Of Investment," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 142, Central Bank of Chile.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Zoega, Gylfi, 2001. "Natural Resources and Economic Growth: The Role of Investment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2743, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason & Gylfi Zoega, 2001. "Natural Resources and Economic Growth: The Role of Investment," EPRU Working Paper Series 01-02, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason & Gylfi Zoega, 2004. "Natural Resources and Economic Growth: The Role of Investment," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_011, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990.
"Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995. "Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- Ross Levine & Norman Loayza & Thorsten Beck, 2002.
"Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (S (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 2, pages 031-084
Central Bank of Chile.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 2000. "Financial intermediation and growth: Causality and causes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 31-77, August.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Levine, R. & Loayza, N., 2000. "Financial intermediation and growth: Causality and causes," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3125519, Tilburg University.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 1999. "Financial intermediation and growth : Causality and causes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2059, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Norman Loayza, 1999. "Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 56, Central Bank of Chile.
- Townsend, Robert M., 1979.
"Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, October.
- Robert Townsend, 1979. "Optimal contracts and competitive markets with costly state verification," Staff Report 45, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ross Levine & Sara Zervos, .
"Stock markets, banks and economic growth ,"
CERF Discussion Paper Series
95-11, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Boyd, John H. & Prescott, Edward C., 1986.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 211-232, April.
- Klaus Neusser & Maurice Kugler, 1998. "Manufacturing Growth And Financial Development: Evidence From Oecd Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 638-646, November.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Bond, Stephen Roy & Hoeffler, Anke & Temple, Jonathan, 2001.
"GMM Estimation of Empirical Growth Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3048, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chow, Gregory C & Li, Kui-Wai, 2002. "China's Economic Growth: 1952-2010," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 247-56, October.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Adolfo Barajas & Ralph Chami & Reza Yousefi, 2013. "The Finance and Growth Nexus Re-Examined: Do All Countries Benefit Equally?," IMF Working Papers 13/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Malebogo Bakwena & Philip Bodman, . "The Role of Financial Development in Natural Resource Abundant Economies: Does the Nature of the Resource Matter?," MRG Discussion Paper Series 2208, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Hasanov, Fakhri & Huseynov, Fariz, 2013. "Bank credits and non-oil economic growth: Evidence from Azerbaijan," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 597-610.
- Kurronen, Sanna, 2012. "Financial sector in resource-dependent economies," BOFIT Discussion Papers 6/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Juliane Brach, 2008. "Constraints to Economic Development and Growth in the Middle East and North Africa," GIGA Working Paper Series 85, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Malebogo Bakwena & Philip Bodman & Sandy Suardi, . "Making Abundant Natural Resources Work for Developing Economies: The Role of Financial Institutions," MRG Discussion Paper Series 2108, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Malebogo Bakwena & Philip Bodman & Thanh Le & KK Tang, . "Avoiding the Resource Curse: The Role of Institutions," MRG Discussion Paper Series 3209, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.