Post-migration investment in education by immigrants in the United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 37 (1997)
Issue (Month): Supplement 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hagy, Alison P. & Staniec, J. Farley Ordovensky, 2002. "Immigrant status, race, and institutional choice in higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 381-392, August.
- Mikal Skuterud & Mingcui Su, 2012. "The influence of measurement error and unobserved heterogeneity in estimating immigrant returns to foreign and host-country sources of human capital," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 1109-1141, December.
- Cortes, Kalena E., 2004. "Are Refugees Different from Economic Immigrants? Some Empirical Evidence on the Heterogeneity of Immigrant Groups in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 1063, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz, 2011.
"Migration and Education,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1105, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Aliya H. Khan & Lubna Shehnaz, 2000. "Determinants of Internal Migration in Pakistan: Evidence from the Labour Force Survey, 1996-97," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 695-712.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Bouzahzah, Mohamed, 2012. "Diaspora parité du pouvoir d'achat incertitude et épargne," MPRA Paper 38746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Ilmolelian, 2005. "Do study grants help refugees find jobs? A case study of the effects of the voluntary sector grants on the education, training and employment of refugees in the United Kingdom," HEW 0501004, EconWPA.
- Skuterud, Mikal & Su, Mingcui, 2009. "Immigrant Wage Assimilation and the Return to Foreign and Host-Country Sources of Human Capital," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-38, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Jun 2009.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & DebBurman, Noyna, 2003.
"Educational Attainment: Analysis by Immigrant Generation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
731, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chiswick, Barry R. & DebBurman, Noyna, 2004. "Educational attainment: analysis by immigrant generation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 361-379, August.
- Ilmolelian, Peter, 2005. "Do study grants help refugees find jobs? A case study of the effects of the voluntary sector grants on the education, training and employment of refugees in the United Kingdom," MPRA Paper 1416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2003:i:10:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jellal, Mohamed & wolff, François charles, 2003.
"International migration and human capital formation,"
38423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- François-Charles Wolff & Mohamed Jellal, 2003. "International migration and human capital formation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(10), pages 1-8.
- Barry R. Chiswick, 1999.
"Are Immigrants Favorably Self-Selected? An Economic Analysis,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
147, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2000. "Are Immigrants Favorably Self-Selected? An Economic Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 131, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A., 2004. "Selection Policy and the Labour Market Outcomes of New Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 1380, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jens Ruhose, 2013. "Bildungsleistungen von Migranten und deren Determinanten – Teil II: Primar-, Sekundar- und Tertiärbereich," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 66(10), pages 24-38, 05.
- Antecol, Heather & Kuhn, Peter J. & Trejo, Stephen, 2003. "Assimilation via Prices or Quantities? Labor Market Institutions and Immigrant Earnings Growth in Australia, Canada, and the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 802, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2014.
"Diaspora et comportement économique en incertitude
[Diaspora and economic behavior under uncertainty]," MPRA Paper 57236, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Banerjee, Rupa & Verma, Anil, 2009. "Determinants and Effects of Post-Migration Education Among New Immigrants in Canada," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-20, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 11 Mar 2009.
- Weiping Kostenko & Mark Harris & Xueyan Zhao, 2009.
"Occupational Transition and Country-of-Origin Effects in the Early Stage Occupational Assimilation of Immigrants: Some Evidence from Australia,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2009n20, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Weiping Kostenko & Mark Harris & Xueyan Zhao, 2012. "Occupational transition and country-of-origin effects in the early stage occupational assimilation of immigrants: some evidence from Australia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(31), pages 4019-4035, November.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.