Are national pension systems efficient if labor is (im)perfectly mobile?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 83 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1975. "The Optimum Growth Rate for Population," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(3), pages 531-38, October.
- Myers, Gordon M. & Papageorgiou, Yorgos Y., 1997. "Efficient Nash equilibria in a federal economy with migration costs," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4-5), pages 345-371, August.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen, 1991.
"Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination when Countries Differ in Size,"
819, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael, 1993. "Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination When Countries Differ in Size," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 877-92, September.
- Wildasin, D.E., 1992.
"Income Restribution and Migration,"
92-003, Indiana - Center for Econometric Model Research.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1991.
"Tax Harmonization and Tax Competition in Europe,"
NBER Working Papers
3248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wellisch, Dietmar, 1994. "Interregional spillovers in the presence of perfect and imperfect household mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 167-184, October.
- Sofia Delipalla & Michael Keen, 1991.
"The Comparison Between Ad Valorem and Specific Taxation under Imperfect Competition,"
821, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Delipalla, Sofia & Keen, Michael, 1992. "The comparison between ad valorem and specific taxation under imperfect competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 351-367, December.
- Wildasin, David E., 1987. "Theoretical analysis of local public economics," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 29, pages 1131-1178 Elsevier.
- Stefan Homburg & Wolfram Richter, 1993. "Harmonizing public debt and public pension schemes in the European community," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 51-63, December.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 1999. "Migration and pension with international capital mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 141-150, October.
- Mansoorian, Arman & Myers, Gordon M., 1993. "Attachment to home and efficient purchases of population in a fiscal externality economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 117-132, August.
- Persson, Torsten, 1985.
"Deficits and intergenerational welfare in open economies,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 67-84, August.
- Torsten Persson, 1983. "Deficits and Intergenerational Welfare in Open Economies," NBER Working Papers 1083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Panu Poutvaara, 2005.
"Social Security Incentives, Human Capital Investment and Mobility of Labor,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1544, CESifo Group Munich.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2007. "Social security incentives, human capital investment and mobility of labor," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(7-8), pages 1299-1325, August.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2005. "Social Security Incentives, Human Capital Investment and Mobility of Labor," IZA Discussion Papers 1729, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tim Krieger, 2001.
"Intergenerational Redistribution and Labor Mobility: A Survey,"
Departmental Discussion Papers
106, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Tim Krieger, 2001. "Intergenerational Redistribution and Labor Mobility: A Survey," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 58(3), pages 339-, July.
- Honkapohja ,S. & Turunen-Red, A., 2004.
"Gains and Losses from Tax Competition with Migration,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0416, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Honkapohja, Seppo & Turunen-Red, Arja H., 2004. "Gains and losses from tax competition with migration," Working Papers 2004-01, University of New Orleans, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Kolmar, Martin, 2007. "Beveridge versus Bismarck public-pension systems in integrated markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 649-669, November.
- Martin Kolmar, 2003. "An Analysis of Institutional Change in the European Union," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 303-326, November.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00590861 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Pestieau & Gwanaël Piaser & Motohiro Sato, 2006.
"PAYG pension systems with capital mobility,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 13(5), pages 587-599, September.
- Anna Cristina d'Addio & Maria Chiara Cavalleri, 2013. "Labour Mobility and the Portability of Social Rights in the EU," CESifo Working Paper Series 4153, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tamura, Yuji, 2004. "Referendum-Led Immigration Policy In The Welfare State," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 713, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Fedotenkov, I., 2012. "Pensions and ageing in a globalizing world. International spillover effects via trade and factor mobility," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5590843, Tilburg University.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2002. "Factor Mobility and Redistribution: A Survey," IDEI Working Papers 154, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2003.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.