The consequences of labour mobility for redistribution: tax vs. transfer competition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 74 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wildasin, D.E., 1987.
"Nash equilibria in models of fiscal competition,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1987020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wildasin, David E, 1991. "Income Redistribution in a Common Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 757-74, September.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1992. "Incentive Effects of the U.S. Welfare System: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 1-61, March.
- David E. Wildasin, 1994.
"Income Redistribution and Migration,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 637-56, August.
- Nalebuff, B. & Caplin, A., 1992.
"Competition Among Institutions,"
1992_36, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Greenberg, Joseph, 1983. "Local public goods with mobility: Existence and optimality of a general equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 17-33, June.
- Roger H. Gordon, 1982.
"An Optimal Taxation Approach to Fiscal Federalism,"
NBER Working Papers
1004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Westhoff, Frank, 1977. "Existence of equilibria in economies with a local public good," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 84-112, February.
- Epple, Dennis & Sieg, Holger, 1997. "Estimating Equilibrium Models of Local Jurisdictions," Working Papers 97-05, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Epple, Dennis & Romer, Thomas, 1991. "Mobility and Redistribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 828-58, August.
- Guggenberger, Patrik & Kaul, Ashok & Kolmar, Martin, 2001.
"Efficiency Properties of Labor Taxation in a Spatial Model of Restricted Labor Mobility,"
IZA Discussion Papers
287, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Guggenberger, Patrik & Kaul, Ashok & Kolmar, Martin, 2002. "Efficiency properties of labor taxation in a spatial model of restricted labor mobility," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 447-473, July.
- Koethenbuerger, Marko, 2011.
"How do local governments decide on public policy in fiscal federalism? Tax vs. expenditure optimization,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1516-1522.
- Marko Koethenbuerger, 2010. "How do local governments decide on public policy in fiscal federalism? Tax vs. expenditure optimization," Working Papers 2010/29, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Marko Köthenbürger, 2008. "How Do Local Governments Decide on Public Policy in Fiscal Federalism? Tax vs. Expenditure Optimization," CESifo Working Paper Series 2385, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2011. "Intranational Trade and Regional Tax Rates: A Welfare Analysis on the U.S. Economy," Working Papers 1106, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Ihara, Ryusuke, 2008. "Transport costs, capital mobility and the provision of local public goods," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 70-80, January.
- Panu Poutvaara & Vesa Kanniainen, 2000. "Why Invest in Your Neighbor? Social Contract on Educational Investment," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 547-562, August.
- Marko Köthenbürger, 2012.
"Competition for Migrants in a Federation: Tax or Transfer Competition?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3709, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marko Koethenbuerger, 2012. "Competition for Migrants in a Federation: Tax or Transfer Competition?," EPRU Working Paper Series 2012-01, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Goulão, Catarina, 2011.
"Migration and Social Insurance,"
TSE Working Papers
11-217, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Goulão, Catarina, 2011. "Migration and Social Insurance," IDEI Working Papers 657, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Helmuth Cremer & Catarina Goulão, 2011. "Migration and Social Insurance," CESifo Working Paper Series 3478, CESifo Group Munich.
- Helmuth Cremer & Catarina Goulão, 2010. "Migration and social insurance," Working Papers 2010/53, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Tomer Blumkin & Efraim Sadka & Yotam Shem-Tov, 2011. "Labor Migration and the Case for Flat Tax," CESifo Working Paper Series 3471, CESifo Group Munich.
- Martin Kolmar, 2002. "An Analysis of Institutional Change in the European Union with an Application to Social Policy," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 282, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Martin Kolmar, 2003. "An Analysis of Institutional Change in the European Union," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 303-326, November.
- John Deskins & Brian Hill, 2010. "State taxes and economic growth revisited: have distortions changed?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 331-348, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.