Tax increment financing: a theoretical inquiry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 81 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, John E., 1990. "Tax Increment Financing: Municipal Adoption and Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 43(2), pages 155-63, June.
- Gerrit J. Knaap & Andrea Kelly Elson & Kieran P. Donaghy, 1999. "original: Optimal investment in a tax increment financing district," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 305-326.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Wingler, Thomas L., 1984. "Public intermediate inputs, property values, and allocative efficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 245-250.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1983. "Property value maximization and public sector efficiency," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-15, July.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1979. "Property values, local public expenditure and economic efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 223-245, March.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1982. "A test for allocative efficiency in the local public sector," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 311-331, December.
- Byrne, Paul F., 2005. "Strategic interaction and the adoption of tax increment financing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 279-303, May.
- Robert Inman, 2005. "Financing Cities," NBER Working Papers 11203, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernandez, Gonzalo E., 2004. "Tax increment financing: interaction between two overlapping jurisdictions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 151-164, January.
- Niemann, Paul & Shapiro, Perry, 2008. "Efficiency and fairness: Compensation for takings," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 157-165, September.
- Smith, Brent C., 2006. "The impact of tax increment finance districts on localized real estate: Evidence from Chicago's multifamily markets," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 21-37, March.
- Brooks, Leah & Strange, William C., 2011. "The micro-empirics of collective action: The case of business improvement districts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1358-1372.
- Benito Arruñada & Amnon Lehavi, 2010. "Prime property institutions for a subprime era: Toward innovative models of homeownership," Economics Working Papers 1217, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.