The optimal linear taxation of employment and self-employment incomes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 73 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Other versions of this item:
- Simon Parker, . "The Optimal Linear Taxation of Employment and Self-Employment Incomes," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 98-05, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pestieau, P. & Possen, U., 1990.
"Tax evasion and occupational choice,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1990033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Christiansen, Vidar, 1988. " Choice of Occupation, Tax Incidence and Piecemeal Tax Revision," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(2), pages 141-59.
- Showalter, Mark H. & Thurston, Norman K., 1997. "Taxes and labor supply of high-income physicians," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 73-97, October.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-48, August.
- Stern, N. H., 1976. "On the specification of models of optimum income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 123-162.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1973. "On the optimal progressivity of the income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 357-376.
- Watson, Harry, 1985. "Tax evasion and labor markets," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 231-246, July.
- Pestieau, Pierre & Possen, Uri, 1992. "How Do Taxes Affect Occupational Choice," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 47(1), pages 108-19.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Tuomala, Matti, 1994. " Inherent Inequality and the Optimal Graduation of Marginal Tax Rates," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(2), pages 275-82.
- Mazur, Mark J, 1989. "Optimal Linear Taxation with Stochastic Incomes," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 44(1), pages 31-50.
- Jung, Young H. & Snow, Arthur & Trandel, Gregory A., 1994. "Tax evasion and the size of the underground economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 391-402, July.
- Boadway, Robin & Marchand, Maurice & Pestieau, Pierre, 1991. "Optimal linear income taxation in models with occupational choice," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 133-162, November.
- Sheshinski, Eytan, 1972. "The Optimal Linear Income-Tax," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 297-302, July.
- Lommerud, K.E. & Sandvik, B. & Straume, O.R., 2001.
"Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution,"
Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen
1401, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sandvik, B. & Straume, Odd Rune, 2003. "Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution," CEPR Discussion Papers 4115, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Bj¯rn Sandvik & Odd Rune Straume, 2002. "Good jobs, bad jobs and redistribution," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 131, Royal Economic Society.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sandvik, Bjørn & Straume, Odd Rune, 2002. "Good jobs, bad jobs and redistribution," Discussion Papers, various Research Units FS IV 02-21, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Kjell Erik Lommerud & Bjørn Sandvik & Odd Rune Staume, 2003. "Good Jobs, Bad Jobs and Redistribution," CESifo Working Paper Series 1022, CESifo Group Munich.
- Florian Scheuer & Casey Rothschild, 2012. "Redistributive Taxation in a Roy Model," 2012 Meeting Papers 395, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2004105 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.