Choice of Occupation, Tax Incidence and Piecemeal Tax Revision
AbstractA model is presented where workers move between two different occupations in response to economic incentives that are distorted by an income tax. Wages assume equilibrium values that are affected by the tax parameters. Incidence and welfare effects of small tax revisions are analyzed with particular attention to the ro le of tax-induced wage changes. It is demonstrated that, within the e conomic setting of the model, such wage effects may be neglected in a ssessments of piecemeal tax revisions. Copyright 1988 by The editors of the Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 90 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-9442
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parker, Simon C., 1999.
"The optimal linear taxation of employment and self-employment incomes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 107-123, July.
- Simon Parker, . "The Optimal Linear Taxation of Employment and Self-Employment Incomes," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 98-05, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2004.
"On the Political Economy of Social Security and Public Education,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1408, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Panu Poutvaara, 2006. "On the political economy of social security and public education," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 345-365, June.
- Panu Poutvaara, 2001. "On the Political Economy of Social Security and Public Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 424, CESifo Group Munich.
- Panu Poutvaara, 2003. "On the Political Economy of Social Security and Public Education," Public Economics 0303001, EconWPA.
- Kubik, Jeffrey D., 2004. "The incidence of personal income taxation: evidence from the tax reform act of 1986," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1567-1588, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.