The two concepts of money: implications for the analysis of optimal currency areas
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H, 1971. "The Uses of Money: Money in the Theory of an Exchange Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 784-805, December.
- Charles Goodhart, 1989. "Money, Information and Uncertainty: 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262071223, December.
- Alchian, Armen A, 1977. "Why Money?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 133-40, February.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Michael M. Hutchison & Takatoshi Ito, 1997. "The Political Economy of Japanese Monetary Policy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262032473, December.
- Ephraim Kleiman, 1987. "‘Just price’ in Talmudic Literature," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 23-45, Spring.
- Dacy, Douglas C, 1984. "The Effects of Confidence on Income Velocity in a Politically Unstable Environment: Wartime South Vietnam," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 414-23.
- Ritter, Joseph A, 1995. "The Transition from Barter to Fiat Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 134-49, March.
- Dowd, Kevin & Greenaway, David, 1993. "Currency Competition, Network Externalities and Switching Costs: Towards an Alternative View of Optimum Currency Areas," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1180-89, September.
- Benjamin J. Cohen, 1993. "Beyond Emu: The Problem Of Sustainability," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 187-203, 07.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-54, August.
- Krugman, P., 1993. "What Do We Need to Know About the International Monetary System?," Princeton Studies in International Economics, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University, 190, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Ephraim Kleiman, 1987. "Opportunity Cost, Human Capital, and Some Related Economic Concepts in Talmudic Literature," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 261-287, Summer.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633, October.
- Menger, Carl, 1892. "On the Origins of Money," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 2, pages 239-255.
- Filippo Cesarano, 1997. "Currency Areas and Equilibrium," Open Economies Review, Springer, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 51-59, January.
- Martin C. McGuire & Mancur Olson Jr., 1996. "The Economics of Autocracy and Majority Rule: The Invisible Hand and the Use of Force," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 72-96, March.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- QE Euro-style: There is no alternative to the ECB writing the check
by aterzi in Mecpoc on 2011-11-13 14:17:14
- The alternative to the ECB writing the check is economic collapse
by Guest Author in credit writedowns on 2011-11-15 16:18:41
- The Economist On Money and the State
by George Selgin in Free Banking on 2012-08-22 03:44:50
- The puzzling ignorance of optimum currency area theory
by Dirk in econoblog101 on 2013-12-23 08:41:12
- Mathew Forstater, 1999. "Introduction to Symposium on the European Economic and Monetary Union," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 31-34, Winter.
- Lee, Frederic, 2011. "Heterodox surplus approach: production, prices, and value theory," MPRA Paper 31824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piet-Hein Van Eeghen, 2011. "Rethinking equilibrium conditions in macromonetary theory: A conceptually rigorous approach," Working Papers 255, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Giovanni Pavanelli & Kalina Dimitrova, 2007. "Exchange Control in Italy and Bulgaria in the Interwar Period: History and Perspectives," ICER Working Papers, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research 40-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Michael Bordo & Harold James, 2006.
"One world money, then and now,"
International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer,
Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 395-407, December.
- Hein, Eckhard & Truger, Achim, 2002.
"European Monetary Union: Nominal convergence, real divergence and slow growth? An investigation into the effects of changing macroeconomic policy institutions associated with monetary union,"
WSI Discussion Papers
107, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliches Institut (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Stiftung.
- Eckhard Hein & Achim Truger, 2005. "European Monetary Union: Nominal Convergence, Real Divergence and Slow Growth? An investigation into the effects of changing macroeconomic policy institutions associated with monetary union," Macroeconomics, EconWPA 0501011, EconWPA.
- Michael D. Bordo & Lars Jonung, 1999. "The Future of EMU: What Does the History of Monetary Unions Tell Us?," NBER Working Papers 7365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mikael Stenkula, 2003. "Carl Menger and the network theory of money," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 587-606.
- Filippo Cesarano, 2011. "The Political and Economic Dimension of Monetary Unions," Open Economies Review, Springer, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 985-996, November.
- C. Sardoni, 2006. "Why Central Banks (and Money) Rule the Roost," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_457, Levy Economics Institute.
- Sell, Friedrich L., 1999. "Die EWWU als Club: Positive und normative Implikationen für den Beitritt mittel- und osteuropäischer Reformstaaten ; Beitrag für den Projektbericht: Währungspolitische Optionen für die mittel- un," Working Papers in Economics 1999,4, Universität der Bundeswehr München, Economic Research Group.
- C. Sardoni & L. Randall Wray, 2007. "Fixed and Flexible Exchange Rates and Currency Sovereignty," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_489, Levy Economics Institute.
- L. Randall Wray, 2006. "Keynes's Approach To Money: An Assessment After 70 Years," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_438, Levy Economics Institute.
- Chartalismo in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.