Complementarity with complete but P-acyclic preferences
AbstractThis paper extends the formulation of complementarity in Milgrom and Shannon (1994) to the case of complete but P-acyclic preferences. In such a case, quasi-supermodularity and the single-crossing property on their own do not guarantee monotone comparative statics or equilibrium existence: an additional condition, monotone closure, is required.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Mathematical Social Sciences.
Volume (Year): 62 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Milgrom, P. & Shannon, C., 1991.
"Monotone Comparative Statics,"
11, Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics.
- Wayne Shafer & Hugo Sonnenschein, 1974.
"Equilibrium in Abstract Economies Without Ordered Preferences,"
94, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Shafer, Wayne & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1975. "Equilibrium in abstract economies without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 345-348, December.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C., 1975. "Maximal elements of acyclic relations on compact sets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 403-404, June.
- Vives, Xavier, 1990.
"Nash equilibrium with strategic complementarities,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 305-321.
- Ghosal, Sayantan & Dalton, Patricio, 2013.
"Characterizing Behavioral Decisions with Choice Data,"
CAGE Online Working Paper Series
107, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Patricio S. Dalton & Sayantan Ghosal, 2013. "Characterizing behavioral decisions with choice data," Working Papers 2013_22, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Dalton, Patricio S. & Ghosal, Sayantan, 2013. "Characterizing Behavioral Decisions with Choice Datas," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-86, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- repec:cge:warwcg:106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patricio Dalton & Sayantan Ghosal, 2012.
"Decisions with endogenous frames,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 585-600, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.