Transaction Taxes in a Search Model of the Housing Market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1983.
"Some aspects of the taxation of capital gains,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 257-294, July.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Guy Laroque, 1987.
"Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods,"
NBER Working Papers
2369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Laroque, Guy, 1990. "Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 25-51, January.
- Sanford J Grossman & Guy Laroque, 2003. "Asset Pricing and Optimal Portfolio Choice in the Presence of Illiquid Durable Consumption Goods," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000803, David K. Levine.
- Nakagami, Yasuhiro & Pereira, Alfredo M, 1995. "Inflation, Housing Taxation, and Homeowner Uptrading," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , , vol. 50(3), pages 442-69.
- Lundborg, Per & Skedinger, Per, 1998.
"Capital gains taxation and residential mobility in Sweden,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 399-419, March.
- Lundborg, Per & Skedinger, Per, 1995. "Capital Gains Taxation and Residential Mobility in Sweden," Working Paper Series, Research Institute of Industrial Economics 446, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 1988. "Capital Gains Taxation in the United States: Realizations, Revenue, and Rhetoric," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 595-638.
- Wheaton, William C, 1990. "Vacancy, Search, and Prices in a Housing Market Matching Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1270-92, December.
- Englund, Peter, 1986. "Transaction costs, capital-gains taxes, and housing demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 274-290, November.
- Hoyt, William H. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1992. "Owner-occupied housing, capital gains, and the Tax Reform Act of 1986," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 119-139, September.
- Constantinides, George M, 1986. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 842-62, August.
- Nicole Aregger & Martin Brown & Enzo Rossi, 2013. "Transaction Taxes, Capital Gains Taxes and House Prices," Working Papers, Swiss National Bank 2013-02, Swiss National Bank.
- Gabriel Desgranges & Etienne Wasmer, 2000.
"Appariements sur le Marché du Logement,"
Sciences Po publications, Sciences Po
info:hdl:2441/8988, Sciences Po.
- Li-Min Hsueh & Hsi-Peng Tseng & Chang-Chiang Hsieh, 2007. "Relationship Between the Housing Vacancy Rate, Housing Price, and the Moving Rate at the Township Level in Taiwan, in 1990 and 2000," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 10(1), pages 119-150.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/8988 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anglin, Paul M., 2004. "How long does it take to buy one house and sell another?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 87-100, June.
- Michiel van Leuvensteijn & J. van Ommeren, 2003.
"New evidence of the effect of transaction costs on residential mobility,"
CPB Discussion Paper, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis
18, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Jos Van Ommeren & Michiel Van Leuvensteijn, 2005. "New Evidence of the Effect of Transaction Costs on Residential Mobility," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 681-702.
- Jos Van Ommeren & Michiel van Leuvensteijn, 2003. "New evidence of the effect of transaction costs on residential mobility," ERSA conference papers, European Regional Science Association ersa03p7, European Regional Science Association.
- Jos van Ommeren & Michiel van Leuvensteijn, 2002. "New Evidence of the Effect of Transaction Costs on Residential Mobility," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers, Tinbergen Institute 02-117/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dietz, Robert D. & Haurin, Donald R., 2003. "The social and private micro-level consequences of homeownership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 401-450, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.