Consistent Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution between Land and Non-Land Inputs in the Production of Housing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. F. Sirmans & Arnold L. Redman, 1979. "apital-Land Substitution and the Price Elasticity of Demand for Urban Residential Land," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(2), pages 167-176.
- Revankar, Nagesh S, 1971. "A Class of Variable Elasticity of Substitution Production Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 61-71, January.
- Clapp, John M., 1980. "The elasticity of substitution for land: The effects of measurement errors," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 255-263, September.
- Jackson, Jerry R. & Johnson, Ruth C. & Kaserman, David L., 1984. "The measurement of land prices and the elasticity of substitution in housing production," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Sirmans, C. F. & Kau, James B. & Lee, Cheng F., 1979. "The elasticity of substitution in urban housing production: A VES approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 407-415, October.
- De Lara, Michel & de Palma, André & Kilani, Moez & Piperno, Serge, 2013. "Congestion pricing and long term urban form: Application to Paris region," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 282-295.
- Saku Aura & Thomas Davidoff, 2005.
"Optimal Commodity Taxation when Land and Structures must be Taxed at the Same Rate,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1522, CESifo Group Munich.
- Saku Aura & Thomas Davidoff, 2005. "Optimal Commodity Taxation When Land and Structures Must Be Taxed at the Same Rate," Working Papers 0505, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Diewert, Erwin & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2013.
"Residential Property Price Indexes for Tokyo,"
Economics working papers
erwin_diewert-2013-16, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 11 Apr 2013.
- Edwin S. Mills, 2002. "Government Urban Growth Controls," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 5(1), pages 1-11.
- Jordan Rappaport, 2006.
"A productivity model of city crowdedness,"
Research Working Paper
RWP 06-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Davis, Morris & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2005.
"The Price and Quantity of Residential Land in the United States,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5333, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Davis, Morris A. & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2007. "The price and quantity of residential land in the United States," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2595-2620, November.
- Morris A. Davis & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004. "The price and quantity of residential land in the United States," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jonathan Heathcote & Morris Davis, 2004. "The Price and Quantity of Residential Land in the United States," 2004 Meeting Papers 32, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- John M. Quigley & Aaron M. Swoboda, 2010.
"Land use regulation with durable capital,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 9-26, January.
- Quigley, John M. & Swoboda, Aaron, 2009. "Land Use Regulation with Durable Capital," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt18w3n3tx, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2003. "The return of centralization to Chicago: using repeat sales to identify changes in house price distance gradients," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 287-304, May.
- Rainer Schulz & Axel Werwatz, 2008. "House Prices and Replacement Cost: A Micro-Level Analysis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-013, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Jordan Rappaport, 2006. "Consumption amenities and city crowdedness," Research Working Paper RWP 06-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Quigley, John M. & Swoboda, Aaron, 2006. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of Land Use Restrictions and Residential Welfare," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt11k4p0vt, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Quigley, John M. & Swoboda, Aaron M., 2007.
"The urban impacts of the Endangered Species Act: A general equilibrium analysis,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 299-318, March.
- Quigley, John M. & Swoboda, Aaron, 2006. "The Urban Impacts of the Endangered Species Act: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt639089c2, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Jou, Jyh-Bang, 2012. "Efficient growth boundaries in the presence of population externalities and stochastic rents," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 349-357.
- Jordan Rappaport, 2004. "A simple model of city crowdedness," Research Working Paper RWP 04-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- David Albouy, 2009. "What Are Cities Worth? Land Rents, Local Productivity, and the Capitalization of Amenity Values," NBER Working Papers 14981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordan Rappaport, 2005. "Why are Some Cities So Crowded?," 2005 Meeting Papers 131, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Rappaport, Jordan, 2008. "Consumption amenities and city population density," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 533-552, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.