Pitfalls in the economic analysis of aging
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 18 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan J. Auerbach & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Robert P. Hagemann & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 1989. "The Economic Dynamics of an Ageing Population: The Case of Four OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 62, OECD Publishing.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Jagadeesh Gokhale, 1991.
"Estimating a firm's age-productivity profile using the present value of workers' earnings,"
9119, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Gokhale, Jagadeesh, 1992. "Estimating a Firm's Age-Productivity Profile Using the Present Value of Workers' Earnings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1215-42, November.
- Blanchet, Didier & Kessler, Denis, 1991. "Optimal Pension Funding with Demographic Instability and Endogenous Returns on Investment," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 137-54, May.
- Weil, Philippe, 1989. "Overlapping families of infinitely-lived agents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, March.
- David M. Cutler & James M. Poterba & Louise M. Sheiner & Lawrence H. Summers, 1990.
"An Aging Society: Opportunity or Challenge?,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(1), pages 1-74.
- Dani Rodrik, 1993. "Redistributive Taxation Without Excess Burden," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 53-60, 03.
- Lee, Ronald D & Lapkoff, Shelley, 1988. "Intergenerational Flows of Time and Goods: Consequences of Slowing Population Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 618-51, June.
- Arthur, W Brian & McNicoll, Geoffrey, 1978. "Samuelson, Population and Intergenerational Transfers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(1), pages 241-46, February.
- Robert P. Hagemann & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 1989. "Ageing Populations: Economic Effects and Implications for Public Finance," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 61, OECD Publishing.
- Paul R. Masson & Ralph W. Tryon, 1990.
"Macroeconomic Effects of Prelected Population Aging in Industrial Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
90/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul R. Masson & Ralph W. Tryon, 1990. "Macroeconomic Effects of Projected Population Aging in Industrial Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(3), pages 453-485, September.
- van Dalen, Hendrik P & van Praag, Bernard M S, 1993.
"Public Pensions, Market Power, and Intergenerational Confidence,"
Public Finance = Finances publiques, ,
, vol. 48(Supplemen), pages 16-28.
- Dalen, H.P. van & Praag, B.M.S. van, 1993. "Public pensions, market power, and intergenerational confidence," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3107434, Tilburg University.
- repec:fth:harver:1490 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bishop, John, 1987. "The Recognition and Reward of Employee Performance," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(4), pages S36-56, October.
- Dalen, H.P. van, 1991. "Economic policy in a demographically divided world," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3107188, Tilburg University.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Alogoskoufis, G.S. & Ploeg, F. van der, 1990.
"Endogenous growth and overlapping generations,"
Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research
1990-72, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Merton, Robert C, 1975.
"An Asymptotic Theory of Growth under Uncertainty,"
Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 375-93, July.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Welch, Finis, 1990. "Empirical Age-Earnings Profiles," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(2), pages 202-29, April.
- Hutchens, Robert, 1986. "Delayed Payment Contracts and a Firm's Propensity to Hire Older Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(4), pages 439-57, October.
- van Dalen, Hendrik P., 1993. "International migration, economic policy and human capital accumulation : A simulation study," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 417-430, October.
- Frank, Robert H. & Hutchens, Robert M., 1993. "Wages, seniority, and the demand for rising consumption profiles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 251-276, August.
- Arthur, W Brian & McNicoll, Geoffrey, 1977. "Optimal Time Paths with Age-Dependence: A Theory of Population Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 111-23, February.
- David Colander, 1992. "Retrospectives: The Lost Art of Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 191-198, Summer.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
- William A. Halter & Richard Hemming, 1987. "The Impact of Demographic Change on Social Security Financing," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(3), pages 471-502, September.
- Aakvik, Arild & Dahl, Svenn-Åge & Vaage, Kjell, 2005. "Late careers and career exits in Norway," Working Papers in Economics 14/05, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.