Pitfalls in the economic analysis of aging
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 18 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Gokhale, Jagadeesh, 1992.
"Estimating a Firm's Age-Productivity Profile Using the Present Value of Workers' Earnings,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(4), pages 1215-42, November.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Jagadeesh Gokhale, 1991. "Estimating a firm's age-productivity profile using the present value of workers' earnings," Working Paper 9119, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Cutler, D.M. & Poterba, J.M. & Sheiner, L.M. & Summers, L.H., 1990.
"An Aging Society: Opportunity Or Challenge,"
553, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Paul R. Masson & Ralph W. Tryon, 1990.
"Macroeconomic Effects Of Projected Population Aging In Industrial Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
90/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul R. Masson & Ralph W. Tryon, 1990. "Macroeconomic Effects of Projected Population Aging in Industrial Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(3), pages 453-485, September.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
- William A. Halter & Richard Hemming, 1987. "The Impact of Demographic Change on Social Security Financing," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(3), pages 471-502, September.
- Alogoskoufis, G. & Van Der Ploeg, F., 1990. "Endogenous Growth And Overlapping Generations," Papers 9072, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Robert P. Hagemann & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 1989. "The Economic Dynamics of an Ageing Population: The Case of Four OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 62, OECD Publishing.
- Frank, Robert H. & Hutchens, Robert M., 1993. "Wages, seniority, and the demand for rising consumption profiles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 251-276, August.
- Robert P. Hagemann & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 1989. "Ageing Populations: Economic Effects and Implications for Public Finance," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 61, OECD Publishing.
- Dalen, H.P. van, 1991. "Economic policy in a demographically divided world," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3107188, Tilburg University.
- Hutchens, Robert, 1986. "Delayed Payment Contracts and a Firm's Propensity to Hire Older Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(4), pages 439-57, October.
- Bishop, John, 1987. "The Recognition and Reward of Employee Performance," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(4), pages S36-56, October.
- Arthur, W Brian & McNicoll, Geoffrey, 1978. "Samuelson, Population and Intergenerational Transfers," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(1), pages 241-46, February.
- Dani Rodrik, 1993. "Redistributive Taxation Without Excess Burden," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 53-60, 03.
- Dalen, H.P. van & Praag, B.M.S. van, 1993.
"Public pensions, market power, and intergenerational confidence,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3107434, Tilburg University.
- van Dalen, Hendrik P & van Praag, Bernard M S, 1993. "Public Pensions, Market Power, and Intergenerational Confidence," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 48(Supplemen), pages 16-28.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Welch, Finis, 1990. "Empirical Age-Earnings Profiles," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(2), pages 202-29, April.
- Weil, Philippe, 1989. "Overlapping families of infinitely-lived agents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, March.
- Alogoskoufis, G.S. & Ploeg, F. van der, 1990. "Endogenous growth and overlapping generations," Discussion Paper 1990-72, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- David Colander, 1992. "Retrospectives: The Lost Art of Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 191-198, Summer.
- repec:fth:harver:1490 is not listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C, 1975.
"An Asymptotic Theory of Growth under Uncertainty,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 375-93, July.
- Lee, Ronald D & Lapkoff, Shelley, 1988. "Intergenerational Flows of Time and Goods: Consequences of Slowing Population Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 618-51, June.
- Blanchet, Didier & Kessler, Denis, 1991. "Optimal Pension Funding with Demographic Instability and Endogenous Returns on Investment," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 137-54, May.
- van Dalen, Hendrik P., 1993. "International migration, economic policy and human capital accumulation : A simulation study," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 417-430, October.
- Aakvik, Arild & Dahl, Svenn-Åge & Vaage, Kjell, 2005. "Late careers and career exits in Norway," Working Papers in Economics 14/05, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.