Gender identity and material symbols: Objects and decision considerations in impulse purchases
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 16 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Winston, Gordon C., 1980. "Addiction and backsliding : A theory of compulsive consumption," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 295-324, December.
- Rook, Dennis W, 1987. " The Buying Impulse," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(2), pages 189-99, September.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1982. " The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feelings, and Fun," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 132-40, September.
- O'Guinn, Thomas C & Faber, Ronald J, 1989. " Compulsive Buying: A Phenomenological Exploration," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 147-57, September.
- Belk, Russell W, 1988. " Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 139-68, September.
- Hoch, Stephen J & Loewenstein, George F, 1991. " Time-Inconsistent Preferences and Consumer Self-Control," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 492-507, March.
- Sinha, Piyush Kumar & Mishra, Hari Govind & Kaul, Surabhi & Singh, Sarabjot, . "Buying Impulsive Trait: An effective moderator for shopping emotions and perceived risk," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-03-17, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Bas Verplanken & Ayana Sato, 2011. "The Psychology of Impulse Buying: An Integrative Self-Regulation Approach," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 197-210, June.
- Tsui, Hsiao-Chien, 2012. "Advertising, quality, and willingness-to-pay: Experimental examination of signaling theory," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1193-1203.
- Wood, Michael, 1998. "Socio-economic status, delay of gratification, and impulse buying," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 295-320, June.
- Gasiorowska, Agata, 2008.
"Różnice indywidualne jako determinanty postaw wobec pieniędzy
[Individual differences as determinants of money attitudes]," MPRA Paper 42684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nela Filimon & Jordi López-Sintas & Carlos Padrós-Reig, 2011. "A test of Rosen’s and Adler’s theories of superstars," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 137-161, May.
- Yi, Sunghwan & Baumgartner, Hans, 2011. "Coping with guilt and shame in the impulse buying context," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 458-467, June.
- Susan Geertshuis & Otto Krickl, 2013. "Value Judgements and Continuing Education," International Journal of Management, Knowledge and Learning, International School for Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia, vol. 2(1), pages 123-141.
- Raajpoot, Nusser A. & Sharma, Arun & Chebat, Jean-Charles, 2008. "The role of gender and work status in shopping center patronage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(8), pages 825-833, August.
- Lee, Julie Anne & Kacen, Jacqueline J., 2008. "Cultural influences on consumer satisfaction with impulse and planned purchase decisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 265-272, March.
- Olander, Folke, 1995. "In search of missing links: Comments on three papers on spending and consumption," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 531-539, September.
- Kidwell, Blair & Turrisi, Robert, 2004. "An examination of college student money management tendencies," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 601-616, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.