Socio-economic status, delay of gratification, and impulse buying
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 19 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rook, Dennis W, 1987. " The Buying Impulse," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(2), pages 189-99, September.
- Lea, Stephen E. G. & Webley, Paul & Levine, R. Mark, 1993. "The economic psychology of consumer debt," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 85-119, March.
- Hendon, Donald W. & Williams, Emelda L. & Huffman, Douglas E., 1988. "Social class system revisited," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 259-270, November.
- Lea, Stephen E. G. & Webley, Paul & Walker, Catherine M., 1995. "Psychological factors in consumer debt: Money management, economic socialization, and credit use," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 681-701, December.
- O'Guinn, Thomas C & Faber, Ronald J, 1989. " Compulsive Buying: A Phenomenological Exploration," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 147-57, September.
- Dittmar, Helga & Beattie, Jane & Friese, Susanne, 1995. "Gender identity and material symbols: Objects and decision considerations in impulse purchases," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 491-511, September.
- Hoch, Stephen J & Loewenstein, George F, 1991. " Time-Inconsistent Preferences and Consumer Self-Control," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 492-507, March.
- Webley, Paul & Nyhus, Ellen K., 2006. "Parents' influence on children's future orientation and saving," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 140-164, February.
- Jinhee Kim & Jaslean LaTaillade & Haejeong Kim, 2011. "Family Processes and Adolescents’ Financial Behaviors," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 668-679, December.
- Richard, Marie-Odile & Chebat, Jean-Charles & Yang, Zhiyong & Putrevu, Sanjay, 2010. "A proposed model of online consumer behavior: Assessing the role of gender," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 926-934, September.
- Otto, Annette, 2013. "Saving in childhood and adolescence: Insights from developmental psychology," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 8-18.
- Lee, Julie Anne & Kacen, Jacqueline J., 2008. "Cultural influences on consumer satisfaction with impulse and planned purchase decisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 265-272, March.
- Clinton Gudmunson & Sharon Danes, 2011. "Family Financial Socialization: Theory and Critical Review," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 644-667, December.
- Hofmans, J. & Pepermans, R. & Loix, E., 2009. "Measurement invariance matters: A case made for the ORTOFIN," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 667-674, August.
- Sinha, Piyush Kumar & Mishra, Hari Govind & Kaul, Surabhi & Singh, Sarabjot, . "Buying Impulsive Trait: An effective moderator for shopping emotions and perceived risk," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-03-17, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Gasiorowska, Agata, 2008.
"Różnice indywidualne jako determinanty postaw wobec pieniędzy
[Individual differences as determinants of money attitudes]," MPRA Paper 42684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.