Empirical likelihood inference for median regression models for censored survival data
AbstractRecent advances in median regression model have made it possible to use this model for analyzing a variety of censored survival data. For inference on the model parameter vector, there are now semiparametric procedures based on normal approximation that are valid without strong conditions on the error distribution. However, the accuracy of such procedures can be quite low when the censoring proportion is high. In this paper, we propose an alternative semiparametric procedure based on the empirical likelihood. We define the empirical likelihood ratio for the parameter vector and show that its limiting distribution is a weighted sum of chi-square distributions. Numerical results from a simulation study suggest that the empirical likelihood method is more accurate than the normal approximation based method of Ying et al. (J. Amer. Statist. Assoc. 90 (1995) 178).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 85 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Gianfranco Adimari, 1997. "Empirical Likelihood Type Confidence Intervals Under Random Censorship," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 447-466, September.
- Lai, T. L. & Ying, Z. L. & Zheng, Z. K., 1995. "Asymptotic Normality of a Class of Adaptive Statistics with Applications to Synthetic Data Methods for Censored Regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 259-279, February.
- Powell, James L., 1984. "Least absolute deviations estimation for the censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-325, July.
- Song Chen, 1993. "On the accuracy of empirical likelihood confidence regions for linear regression model," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 621-637, December.
- Lai, Tze Leung & Ying, Zhiliang, 1992. "Linear rank statistics in regression analysis with censored or truncated data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-45, January.
- Zhong, Pingshou & Cui, Hengjian, 2010. "Empirical likelihood for median regression model with designed censoring variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 240-251, January.
- Shim, Jooyong & Hwang, Changha, 2009. "Support vector censored quantile regression under random censoring," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 912-919, February.
- Tang, Linjun & Zhou, Zhangong & Wu, Changchun, 2012. "Weighted composite quantile estimation and variable selection method for censored regression model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 653-663.
- Tang, Cheng Yong & Leng, Chenlei, 2012. "An empirical likelihood approach to quantile regression with auxiliary information," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 29-36.
- Han-Ying Liang & Jacobo Uña-Álvarez, 2011. "Asymptotic properties of conditional quantile estimator for censored dependent observations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 267-289, April.
- Yichuan Zhao & Song Yang, 2008. "Empirical likelihood inference for censored median regression with weighted empirical hazard functions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 60(2), pages 441-457, June.
- César Sánchez-Sellero, 2009. "Comments on: A review on empirical likelihood methods for regression," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 458-460, November.
- Zhao, Yichuan & Chen, Feiming, 2008. "Empirical likelihood inference for censored median regression model via nonparametric kernel estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 215-231, February.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Zhao, Yichuan, 2007. "Empirical likelihood inference for the mean residual life under random censorship," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(5), pages 549-557, March.
- Xiaofeng Lv & Rui Li, 2013. "Smoothed empirical likelihood analysis of partially linear quantile regression models with missing response variables," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 97(4), pages 317-347, October.
- Bravo, Francesco, 2009. "Two-step generalised empirical likelihood inference for semiparametric models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(7), pages 1412-1431, August.
- Lu, Wenbin & Liang, Yu, 2006. "Empirical likelihood inference for linear transformation models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(7), pages 1586-1599, August.
- Ould-SaIÂ¨d, Elias, 2006. "A strong uniform convergence rate of kernel conditional quantile estimator under random censorship," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(6), pages 579-586, March.
- Zhangong Zhou & Rong Jiang & Weimin Qian, 2013. "LAD variable selection for linear models with randomly censored data," Metrika, Springer, vol. 76(2), pages 287-300, February.
- Ming Zheng & Wen Yu, 2013. "Empirical likelihood method for multivariate Cox regression," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 1241-1267, June.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.