Weighted composite quantile estimation and variable selection method for censored regression model
AbstractThis paper considers the weighted composite quantile (WCQ) regression for linear model with random censoring. The adaptive penalized procedure for variable selection in this model is proposed, and the consistency, asymptotic normality and oracle property of the resulting estimators are also derived. The simulation studies and the analysis of an acute myocardial infarction data set are conducted to illustrate the finite sample performance of the proposed method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cai, Zongwu, 1998. "Asymptotic properties of Kaplan-Meier estimator for censored dependent data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 381-389, March.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, December.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Tsao, Min, 2003. "Empirical likelihood inference for median regression models for censored survival data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 416-430, May.
- Zhou, Xiuqing & Wang, Jinde, 2005. "A genetic method of LAD estimation for models with censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 451-466, March.
- Bai, Z. D. & Wu, Y., 1994. "Limiting Behavior of M-Estimators of Regression-Coefficients in High Dimensional Linear Models II. Scale-Invariant Case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 240-251, November.
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Wang, Huixia Judy & Wang, Lan, 2009. "Locally Weighted Censored Quantile Regression," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1117-1128.
- Bai, Z. D. & Wu, Y., 1994. "Limiting Behavior of M-Estimators of Regression Coefficients in High Dimensional Linear Models I. Scale Dependent Case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 211-239, November.
- Hansheng Wang & Runze Li & Chih-Ling Tsai, 2007. "Tuning parameter selectors for the smoothly clipped absolute deviation method," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 553-568.
- Hao Helen Zhang & Wenbin Lu, 2007. "Adaptive Lasso for Cox's proportional hazards model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 691-703.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Tang, Linjun & Zhou, Zhangong & Wu, Changchun, 2013. "Testing the linear errors-in-variables model with randomly censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 875-884.
- Wang, Jiang-Feng & Ma, Wei-Min & Zhang, Hui-Zeng & Wen, Li-Min, 2013. "Asymptotic normality for a local composite quantile regression estimator of regression function with truncated data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(6), pages 1571-1579.
- Jiang, Rong & Zhou, Zhan-Gong & Qian, Wei-Min & Chen, Yong, 2013. "Two step composite quantile regression for single-index models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 180-191.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.