Weighted composite quantile estimation and variable selection method for censored regression model
AbstractThis paper considers the weighted composite quantile (WCQ) regression for linear model with random censoring. The adaptive penalized procedure for variable selection in this model is proposed, and the consistency, asymptotic normality and oracle property of the resulting estimators are also derived. The simulation studies and the analysis of an acute myocardial infarction data set are conducted to illustrate the finite sample performance of the proposed method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Cai, Zongwu, 1998. "Asymptotic properties of Kaplan-Meier estimator for censored dependent data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 381-389, March.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Bai, Z. D. & Wu, Y., 1994. "Limiting Behavior of M-Estimators of Regression-Coefficients in High Dimensional Linear Models II. Scale-Invariant Case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 240-251, November.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, October.
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Hao Helen Zhang & Wenbin Lu, 2007. "Adaptive Lasso for Cox's proportional hazards model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 691-703.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Tsao, Min, 2003. "Empirical likelihood inference for median regression models for censored survival data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 416-430, May.
- Wang, Huixia Judy & Wang, Lan, 2009. "Locally Weighted Censored Quantile Regression," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1117-1128.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Zhou, Xiuqing & Wang, Jinde, 2005. "A genetic method of LAD estimation for models with censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 451-466, March.
- Bai, Z. D. & Wu, Y., 1994. "Limiting Behavior of M-Estimators of Regression Coefficients in High Dimensional Linear Models I. Scale Dependent Case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 211-239, November.
- Hansheng Wang & Runze Li & Chih-Ling Tsai, 2007. "Tuning parameter selectors for the smoothly clipped absolute deviation method," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 553-568.
- Tang, Linjun & Zhou, Zhangong & Wu, Changchun, 2013. "Testing the linear errors-in-variables model with randomly censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 875-884.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.