Support vector censored quantile regression under random censoring
AbstractCensored quantile regression models have received a great deal of attention in both the theoretical and applied statistical literature. In this paper, we propose support vector censored quantile regression (SVCQR) under random censoring using iterative reweighted least squares (IRWLS) procedure based on the Newton method instead of usual quadratic programming algorithms. This procedure makes it possible to derive the generalized approximate cross validation (GACV) method for choosing the hyperparameters which affect the performance of SVCQR. Numerical results are then presented which illustrate the performance of SVCQR using the IRWLS procedure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 53 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yuan, Ming, 2006. "GACV for quantile smoothing splines," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 813-829, February.
- Honore, Bo & Khan, Shakeeb & Powell, James L., 2002. "Quantile regression under random censoring," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 67-105, July.
- Lindgren, Anna, 1997. "Quantile regression with censored data using generalized L1 minimization," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 509-524, February.
- Ali Gannoun & Jér�Me Saracco & Ao Yuan & George E. Bonney, 2005. "Non-parametric Quantile Regression with Censored Data," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(4), pages 527-550.
- Azhong Ye & Rob J Hyndman & Zinai Li, 2006. "Local Linear Multivariate Regression with Variable Bandwidth in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 8/06, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Tsao, Min, 2003. "Empirical likelihood inference for median regression models for censored survival data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 416-430, May.
- Lu, Xuewen & Cheng, Tsung-Lin, 2007. "Randomly censored partially linear single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(10), pages 1895-1922, November.
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Jooyong Shim & Yongtae Kim & Jangtaek Lee & Changha Hwang, 2012. "Estimating value at risk with semiparametric support vector quantile regression," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 685-700, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.