Double k-Class Estimators in Regression Models with Non-spherical Disturbances
AbstractIn this paper, we consider a family of feasible generalised double k-class estimators in a linear regression model with non-spherical disturbances. We derive the large sample asymptotic distribution of the proposed family of estimators and compare its performance with the feasible generalized least squares and Stein-rule estimators using the mean squared error matrix and risk under quadratic loss criteria. A Monte-Carlo experiment investigates the finite sample behaviour of the proposed family of estimators.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 79 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rothenberg, Thomas J, 1984. "Approximate Normality of Generalized Least Squares Estimates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 811-25, July.
- Carter, R. A. L. & Srivastava, V. K. & Chaturvedi, A., 1993. "Selecting a double k-class estimator for regression coefficients," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 363-371, December.
- Srivastava, V. K. & Chaturvedi, A., 1986. "A necessary and sufficient condition for the dominance of an improved family of estimators in linear regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 345-349.
- Vinod, H. D., 1981.
"Improved Stein-rule estimator for regression problems,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 125-125, September.
- Vinod, H. D., 1980. "Improved stein-rule estimator for regression problems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-150, February.
- Carter Hill, R. & Judge, George, 1987. "Improved prediction in the presence of multicollinearity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 83-100, May.
- Judge, G.G. & Bock, M.E., 1983. "Biased estimation," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 599-649 Elsevier.
- Hill, R.Carter & Judge, George G, 1990. "Improved estimation under collinearity and squared error loss," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 296-312, February.
- Carter, R. A. L., 1981. "Improved Stein-rule estimator for regression problems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 113-123, September.
- Menjoge, Shailendra S., 1984. "On double k-class estimators of coefficients in linear regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 295-300.
- Ullah, Aman & Ullah, Shobha, 1978. "Double k-Class Estimators of Coefficients in Linear Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 705-22, May.
- Zhang, Xinyu & Chen, Ti & Wan, Alan T.K. & Zou, Guohua, 2009. "Robustness of Stein-type estimators under a non-scalar error covariance structure," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2376-2388, November.
- Chaturvedi, Anoop & Shalabh, 2004. "Risk and Pitman closeness properties of feasible generalized double k-class estimators in linear regression models with non-spherical disturbances under balanced loss function," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 229-256, August.
- Chaturvedi, Anoop & Wan, Alan T. K. & Singh, Shri P., 2002. "Improved Multivariate Prediction in a General Linear Model with an Unknown Error Covariance Matrix," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 166-182, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.