Risk segmentation: goal or problem?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cutler David M. & Zeckhauser Richard J., 1998.
"Adverse Selection in Health Insurance,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 630-49, November.
- Pauly, Mark V & Kunreuther, Howard & Hirth, Richard, 1995. "Guaranteed Renewability in Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 143-56, March.
- Cochrane, John H, 1995. "Time-Consistent Health Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(3), pages 445-73, June.
- Feldman, Roger & Chan, Hung-Ching & Kralewski, John & Dowd, Bryan & Shapiro, Janet, 1990. "Effects of HMOs on the creation of competitive markets for hospital services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 207-222, September.
- Jensen, Gail & Feldman, Roger & Dowd, Bryan, 1984. "Corporate benefit policies and health insurance costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 275-296, December.
- Pauly, Mark V, 1986. "Taxation, Health Insurance, and Market Failure in the Medical Economy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(2), pages 629-75, June.
- Roger Feldman & Kenneth E. Thorpe & Bradley Gray, 2002. "Policy Watch: The Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 207-217, Spring.
- Strombom, Bruce A. & Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Feldstein, Paul J., 2002. "Switching costs, price sensitivity and health plan choice," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 89-116, January.
- Karen Eggleston & Anupa Bir, 2009.
"Measuring Selection Incentives in Managed Care: Evidence From the Massachusetts State Employee Insurance Program,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(1), pages 159-175.
- Anupa Bir & Karen Eggleston, 2006. "Measuring Selection Incentives in Managed Care: Evidence from the Massachusetts State Employee Insurance Program," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0605, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Joseph Koopmeiners & Bryan Dowd & Bradley Carlin, 2007. "Modeling and detecting potentially ruinous streaks in health expenditures," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 23-42, March.
- Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G., 2003. "Service-level selection by HMOs in Medicare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 915-931, November.
- Batata, Amber, 2004. "The effect of HMOs on fee-for-service health care expenditures: evidence from medicare revisited," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 951-963, September.
- Jacob Glazer & Thomas G. McGuire, 2006. "Contending with Risk Selection in Health Insurance Markets in Germany," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(s1), pages 75-91, 05.
- Vita, Michael G., 2001. "Regulatory restrictions on selective contracting: an empirical analysis of "any-willing-provider" regulations," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 955-966, November.
- Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2002. "Multiple payers, commonality and free-riding in health care: Medicare and private payers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1049-1069, November.
- M. Kate Bundorf, 2003. "The Effects of Offering Health Plan Choice within Employment-Based Purchasing Groups," NBER Working Papers 9996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- René C.J.A. van Vliet, 2006. "Free choice of health plan combined with risk-adjusted capitation payments: are switchers and new enrolees good risks?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(8), pages 763-774.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.