The effects of regulation and competition in the NHS internal market: the case of general practice fundholder prices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1998)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
- Melnick, Glenn A. & Zwanziger, Jack & Bamezai, Anil & Pattison, Robert, 1992. "The effects of market structure and bargaining position on hospital prices," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 217-233, October.
- Jonathan Gruber, 1992. "The Effect of Price Shopping in Medical Markets: Hospital Responses to PPOs in California," NBER Working Papers 4190, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Propper, Carol, 1996. "Market structure and prices: The responses of hospitals in the UK National Health Service to competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 307-335, September.
- Propper, Carol, 1995. "Agency and incentives in the NHS internal market," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 1683-1690, June.
- Robinson, James C. & Luft, Harold S., 1985. "The impact of hospital market structure on patient volume, average length of stay, and the cost of care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 333-356, December.
- William P. Rogerson, 1990. "Overhead Allocation and Incentives for Cost Minimization in Defense Procurement," Discussion Papers 904, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Vita, Michael G., 1990. "Exploring hospital production relationships with flexible functional forms," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, June.
- Zack Cooper & Stephen Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2011.
"Does Hospital Competition Save Lives? Evidence From The English NHS Patient Choice Reforms,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(554), pages F228-F260, 08.
- Zack Cooper & Stephen Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2010. "Does hospital competition save lives?: evidence from the English NHS patient choice reforms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28584, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zack Cooper & Steve Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2010. "Does Hospital Competition Save Lives? Evidence from the English NHS Patient Choice Reforms," SERC Discussion Papers 0041, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson & Simon Burgess, 2005.
"Extending Choice In English Health Care: The implications of the economic evidence,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
05/133, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Burgess, Simon & Propper, Carol & Wilson, Deborah, 2005. "Extending Choice In English Health Care: The implications of the economic evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 5328, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mark Dusheiko & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs & Peter Smith, 2003.
"The Effects of Budgets on Doctors Behaviour: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
03/064, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Mark Dusheiko & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs & Peter C Smith, . "The Effect of Budgets on Doctor Behaviour: Evidence From A Natural Experiment," Discussion Papers 03/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Antonio Nicita, 2004. "Il pendolo delle riforme nei sistemi sanitari europei," Working Papers 05-2004, Competitività Regole Mecati (CERM).
- Jostein Grytten & Rune S�rensen, 2000. "Competition and dental services," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 447-461.
- Propper, Carol & Burgess, Simon & Green, Katherine, 2004. "Does competition between hospitals improve the quality of care?: Hospital death rates and the NHS internal market," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1247-1272, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.