Explaining variations in inpatient length of stay in the National Health Service
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fenn, Paul & Davies, Philip, 1990. "Variations in length of stay : A conditional likelihood approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 223-234, September.
- Roy Carr-Hill & Geoffrey Hardman & Stephen Martin & Stuart Peacock & Trevor Sheldon & Peter Smith, 1994. "A formula for distributing NHS revenues based on small area use of hospital beds," Working Papers 022cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Cairns, John A. & Munro, Jill, 1992. "Why does length of stay vary for orthopaedic surgery?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 297-306, October.
- Westert, Gert P. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Groenewegen, Peter P., 1993. "Variation in duration of hospital stay between hospitals and between doctors within hospitals," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 833-839, September.
- Socha, Karolina & Bech, Mickael, 2011. "The relationship between dual practice and physicians’ work behaviour in the public hospitals: Results from the Danish survey," COHERE Working Paper 2011:1, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research, University of Southern Denmark.
- Zack Cooper & Stephen Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2010.
"Does hospital competition improve efficiency? An analysis of the recent market-based reforms to the English NHS,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
28578, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zack Cooper & Steve Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2010. "Does Hospital Competition Improve Efficiency? An Analysis of the Recent Market-Based Reforms to the English NHS," CEP Discussion Papers dp0988, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hung, Jung-Hua & Chang, Li, 2008. "Has cost containment after the National Health Insurance system been successful: Determinants of Taiwan hospital costs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 321-335, March.
- Maria Goddard & Peter Smith, 1998. "Equity of access to health care," Working Papers 032cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Perelman, Julian & Closon, Marie-Christine, 2007. "Hospital response to prospective financing of in-patient days: The Belgian case," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(2-3), pages 200-209, December.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2010. "Economies of Scale and Hospital Productivity: An empirical analysis of medical area level panel data," Discussion papers 10050, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Siciliani, Luigi & Stanciole, Anderson & Jacobs, Rowena, 2009.
"Do waiting times reduce hospital costs?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 771-780, July.
- Sara Dias & Valeska Andreozzi & Rosário Martins, 2013. "Analysis of HIV/AIDS DRG in Portugal: a hierarchical finite mixture model," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 715-723, October.
- Zack Cooper & Stephen Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2012.
"Does competition improve public hospitals’ efficiency?: evidence from a quasi-experiment in the English National Health Service,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
42057, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zack Cooper & Stephen Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2012. "Does Competition Improve Public Hospitals' Efficiency? Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment in the English National Health Service," CEP Discussion Papers dp1125, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero & Karine Moschetti, 2006.
"Small area variations and welfare loss in the use of antibiotics in the community,"
0609, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero & Karine Moschetti, 2006. "Small area variations and welfare loss in the use of antibiotics in the community," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 0607, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- , 2010. "Length of Stay - A Data Analytic Approach," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 8(2), pages 42-60.
- Mehdi Farsi, 2008. "The temporal variation of cost-efficiency in Switzerland’s hospitals: an application of mixed models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 155-168, October.
- Chang, Shyr-Juh & Hsiao, Hsing-Chin & Huang, Li-Hua & Chang, Hsihui, 2011. "Taiwan quality indicator project and hospital productivity growth," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 14-22, January.
- Gabriel Picone & R. Mark Wilson & Shin-Yi Chou, 2003. "Analysis of hospital length of stay and discharge destination using hazard functions with unmeasured heterogeneity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 1021-1034.
- Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Olsen, Kim R. & Sørensen, Torben H., 2012. "Socio-demographic patient profiles and hospital efficiency: Does patient mix affect a hospital's ability to perform?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 136-145.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.