The significance of diversification for rural livelihood systems
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 29 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lindenberg, Marc, 2002. "Measuring Household Livelihood Security at the Family and Community Level in the Developing World," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 301-318, February.
- Thomas Reardon & J. Edward Taylor & Kostas Stamoulis & Peter Lanjouw & Arsenio Balisacan, 2000. "Effects of Non-Farm Employment on Rural Income Inequality in Developing Countries: An Investment Perspective," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 266-288.
- Lawrence Haddad & Stuart Gillespie, 2001. "Effective food and nutrition policy responses to HIV|AIDS: what we know and what we need to know," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 487-511.
- Orr, Alastair & Mwale, Blessings, 2001. "Adapting to Adjustment: Smallholder Livelihood Strategies in Southern Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1325-1343, August.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Bebbington, Anthony, 1999. "Capitals and Capabilities: A Framework for Analyzing Peasant Viability, Rural Livelihoods and Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2021-2044, December.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Lykke Andersen & Marcelo Cardona, 2013. "Building Resilience against Adverse Shocks: What are the determinants of vulnerability and resilience?," Development Research Working Paper Series 02/2013, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Cole, Steven M. & Tembo, Gelson, 2011. "The effect of food insecurity on mental health: Panel evidence from rural Zambia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(7), pages 1071-1079.
- Merten, Sonja & Haller, Tobias, 2008. "Property rights, food security and child growth: Dynamics of insecurity in the Kafue Flats of Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 434-443, October.
- Joseph K. Assan & Pushpam Kumar, 2009. "Introduction: Livelihood options for the poor in the changing environment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 393-402.
- Ali Oumer & Andreas de Neergaard, 2011. "Understanding livelihood strategy-poverty links: empirical evidence from central highlands of Ethiopia," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 547-564, June.
- Rodić, Vesna & Bošnjak, Danica & Janković, Dejan & Karapandžin, Jelena, 2013. "Demographic Characteristics Of Rural Populations In Vojvodina As A Factor Of Rural Economy Diversification," 50th Anniversary Seminar, Agriculture and Rural Development: Challenges of Transition and Integration Processes, September 27, 2013 161797, University of Belgrade, Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture.
- Pham, Hung T, 2006. "Rural Nonfarm Employment Under Trade Reform Evidence From Vietnam, 1993-2002," MPRA Paper 6476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mula, G. & Sarker, S.C., 2013. "Impact of Improved Agro-techniques on Sustainable Livelihood Empowerment: An Economic Study from West Bengal," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 26(2013).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.