A global Newton method to compute Nash equilibria
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 110 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kohlberg, Elon & Mertens, Jean-Francois, 1986.
"On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1003-37, September.
- KOHLBERG, Elon & MERTENS, Jean-François, . "On the strategic stability of equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers RP -716, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- E. Kohlberg & J.-F. Mertens, 1998. "On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria," Levine's Working Paper Archive 445, David K. Levine.
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters, Ronald J.A.P., 2001.
"A differentiable homotopy to compute Nash equilibria of n-person games,"
Open Access publications from Maastricht University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-12165, Maastricht University.
- Herings,P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters,R., 1999. "A Differentiable Homotopy to Compute Nash Equilibria of n-Person Games," Research Memoranda 038, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Smale, Steve, 1976. "A convergent process of price adjustment and global newton methods," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 107-120, July.
- B. Curtis Eaves, 1971. "The Linear Complementarity Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(9), pages 612-634, May.
- repec:ner:louvai:info:hdl:2078.1/54777 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph T. Howson, Jr. & Robert W. Rosenthal, 1974. "Bayesian Equilibria of Finite Two-Person Games with Incomplete Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 313-315, November.
- Robert Wilson, 1972. "Computing Equilibria of Two-Person Games from the Extensive Form," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(7), pages 448-460, March.
- Eaves, B. Curtis & Schmedders, Karl, 1999. "General equilibrium models and homotopy methods," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1249-1279, September.
- Govindan, Srihari & Wilson, Robert, 2001. "Direct Proofs of Generic Finiteness of Nash Equilibrium Outcomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 765-69, May.
- Keenan, Donald, 1981. "Further remarks on the Global Newton method," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 159-165, July.
- Robert Wilson, 2010. "Computing Equilibria of n-person Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 402, David K. Levine.
- C. E. Lemke, 1965. "Bimatrix Equilibrium Points and Mathematical Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(7), pages 681-689, May.
- Yamamoto, Yoshitsugu, 1993. "A Path-Following Procedure to Find a Proper Equilibrium of Finite Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 249-59.
- Turocy, Theodore L., 2005. "A dynamic homotopy interpretation of the logistic quantal response equilibrium correspondence," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 243-263, May.
- Srihari Govindan & Robert Wilson, 2010.
"A decomposition algorithm for N-player games,"
Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 97-117, January.
- Anne Balthasar, 2010. "Equilibrium tracing in strategic-form games," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 39-54, January.
- Govindan, Srihari & Wilson, Robert, 2004. "Computing Nash equilibria by iterated polymatrix approximation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1229-1241, April.
- Porter, Ryan & Nudelman, Eugene & Shoham, Yoav, 2008. "Simple search methods for finding a Nash equilibrium," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 642-662, July.
- P. Herings & Ronald Peeters, 2010.
"Homotopy methods to compute equilibria in game theory,"
Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 119-156, January.
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters, Ronald, 2006. "Homotopy Methods to Compute Equilibria in Game Theory," Research Memoranda 046, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Govindand, Srihari & Wilson, Robert B., 2008. "Computing Equilibria of N-Player Games with Arbitrary Accuracy," Research Papers 1984, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Theodore L. Turocy, 2002. "A Dynamic Homotopy Interpretation of Quantal Response Equilibrium Correspondences," Game Theory and Information 0212001, EconWPA, revised 16 Oct 2003.
- Ulrich Doraszelski & Mark Satterthwaite, 2007. "Computable Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: Existence, Purification, and Multiplicity," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000912, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Doraszelski, Ulrich & Satterthwaite, Mark, 2007. "Computable Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: Existence, Purification, and Multiplicity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6212, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kolen, Antoon, 2006. "A genetic algorithm for the partial binary constraint satisfaction problem: an application to a frequency assignment problem," Research Memoranda 045, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Bernhard Stengel, 2010. "Computation of Nash equilibria in finite games: introduction to the symposium," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Jiang, Albert Xin & Leyton-Brown, Kevin & Bhat, Navin A.R., 2011. "Action-Graph Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 141-173, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.