Implementing and interpreting event studies of regulatory changes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 53 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2-3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sam Peltzman, 1976.
"Toward a More General Theory of Regulation,"
NBER Working Papers
0133, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boardman, Anthony & Vertinsky, Ilan & Whistler, Diana, 1997. "Using information diffusion models to estimate the impacts of regulatory events on publicly traded firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 283-300, January.
- Karafiath, Imre, 1988. "Using Dummy Variables in the Event Methodology," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 351-57, August.
- Winston, Clifford, 1993. "Economic Deregulation: Days of Reckoning for Microeconomists," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1263-89, September.
- Chen, Andrew H & Sanger, Gary C, 1985. "An Analysis of the Impact of Regulatory Change: The Case of Natural Gas Deregulation," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 36-54, February.
- Dnes, Antony W, et al, 1998. "The Regulation of the United Kingdom Electricity Industry: An Event Study of Price-Capping Measures," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 207-25, May.
- Paul Joskow & Nancy L. Rose, 1987.
"The Effects of Economic Regulation,"
447, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Carroll, Kathleen A & Lamdin, Douglas J, 1993. "Measuring Market Response to Regulation of the Cable TV Industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 385-99, December.
- Lamdin, Douglas J, 1999. "Event Studies of Regulation and New Results on the Effect of the Cigarette Advertising Ban," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 187-201, September.
- Larcker, David F. & Gordon, Lawrence A. & Pinches, George E., 1980. "Testing for Market Efficiency: A Comparison of the Cumulative Average Residual Methodology and Intervention Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 267-287, June.
- Lyon, Andrew B., 1989.
"The effect of the investment tax credit on the value of the firm,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 227-247, March.
- Andrew B. Lyon, 1988. "The Effect Of The Investment Tax Credit On The Value Of The Firm," NBER Working Papers 2537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankfurter, George M. & McGoun, Elton G., 1993. "The event study: An industrial strength method," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 121-141.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Seaks, Terry G., 1990. "The computation of test statistics for multivariate regression models in event studies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 141-145, June.
- Becker, Gary S, 1983. "A Theory of Competition among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400, August.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Trogdon, Justin G. & Mathews, Carrie A., 2005. "Litigation and the value of tobacco companies," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 427-447, May.
- John J. García & Francesc Trillas, 2013. "European energy industry shocks, corporate control and firms' value," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010928, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Joaquín Cañón-de-Francia & Concepción Garcés-Ayerbe & Marisa Ramírez-Alesón, 2007. "Are More Innovative Firms Less Vulnerable to New Environmental Regulation?," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(3), pages 295-311, March.
- Ralph M. Sonenshine, 2009. "Effect of Research and Development and Market Concentration on Merger Outcomes -- An Event Study of U.S. Horizontal Mergers," Working Papers 2009-16 JEL classificatio, American University, Department of Economics.
- Schäfer, Alexander & Schnabel, Isabel & Weder di Mauro, Beatrice, 2013.
"Financial Sector Reform After the Crisis: Has Anything Happened?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9502, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander Schaefer & Isabel Schnabel & Beatrice Weder di Mauro, 2013. "Financial Sector Reform After the Crisis: Has Anything Happened?," Working Papers 1304, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, revised 24 May 2013.
- Michael Cichello & Douglas Lamdin, 2006. "Event Studies and the Analysis of Antitrust," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 229-245.
- John García & Francesc Trillas, 2011.
"Control corporativo y riqueza de los accionistas en el sector eléctrico europeo (2000-2007),"
Revista de Economía Institucional,
Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 13(25), pages 297-319, July-Dece.
- John J. García & Francesc Trillas, 2011. "Control corporativo y riqueza de los accionistas en el sector eléctrico europeo (2000-2007)," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010660, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- W. Robert Reed & Cynthia L. Rogers, 2005. "Tax Cuts and Employment Growth in New Jersey: Lessons From a Regional Analysis," Urban/Regional 0506010, EconWPA.
- Russell, Bonita I. & Shapiro, Daniel & Vining, Aidan R., 2010. "The evolution of the Canadian mining industry: The role of regulatory punctuation," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 90-97, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.