Determinants of price flexibility in oligopolistic markets: Evidence from austrian manufacturing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 47 (1995)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saxonhouse, Gary R, 1977. "Regressions from Samples Having Different Characteristics," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(2), pages 234-37, May.
- Caballero, Ricardo J & Engel, Eduardo M R A, 1992. "Beyond the Partial-Adjustment Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 360-64, May.
- Green, Edward J. & Porter, Robert H., 1982.
"Noncooperative Collusion Under Imperfect Price Information,"
367, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Green, Edward J & Porter, Robert H, 1984. "Noncooperative Collusion under Imperfect Price Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Edward J Green & Robert H Porter, 1997. "Noncooperative Collusion Under Imperfect Price Information," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1147, David K. Levine.
- Ginsburgh, Victor & Michel, Philippe, 1988.
"Adjustment Costs, Concentration and Price Behaviour,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 477-81, June.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Philippe Michel, 1988. "Adjustment costs, concentration and price behaviour," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1739, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- GINSBURGH, Victor & MICHEL, Philippe, . "Adjustment costs, concentration and price behaviour," CORE Discussion Papers RP -849, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Weiss, Leonard W, 1977. "Stigler, Kindahl, and Means on Administered Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 610-19, September.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-45, September.
- Carlson, John A, 1973. "The Production Lag," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(1), pages 73-86, March.
- Zaleski, Peter A., 1992. "Industry concentration and the transmission of cost-push inflation: Evidence from the 1974 OPEC oil crisis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 135-141, May.
- Phlips, Louis, 1980. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination and Sticky Prices," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(3), pages 525-42, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Price Rigidities and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 350-55, May.
- Bedrossian, Arakel & Moschos, Demetrios, 1988. "Industrial Structure, Concentration and the Speed of Price Adjustment," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 459-76, June.
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989.
"Market structure and the nature of price rigidity: evidence from the market for consumer deposits,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neumark, David & Sharpe, Steven A, 1992. "Market Structure and the Nature of Price Rigidity: Evidence from the Market for Consumer Deposits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 657-80, May.
- Domberger, Simon, 1979. "Price Adjustment and Market Structure," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(353), pages 96-108, March.
- Slade, Margaret E., 1990. "Strategic pricing models and interpretation of price-war data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(2-3), pages 524-537, May.
- Reagan, Patricia B. & Weitzman, Martin L., 1982. "Asymmetries in price and quantity adjustments by the competitive firm," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 410-420, August.
- Leonard W. Weiss, 1966. "Business Pricing Policies and Inflation Reconsidered," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 177.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1981.
"Inventories and Sticky Prices: More on the Microfoundations of Macroeconomics,"
NBER Working Papers
0620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blinder, Alan S, 1982. "Inventories and Sticky Prices: More on the Microfoundations of Macroeconomics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 334-48, June.
- Lai, Kon S & Pauly, Peter, 1992. "Production Lags and Price Behaviour," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(233), pages 53-62, February.
- Kardasz, Stanley W. & Stollery, Kenneth R., 1988. "Market structure and price adjustment in Canadian manufacturing industries," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 335-342, November.
- Bradburd, Ralph M & Caves, Richard E, 1987. "Transaction-Cost Influences on the Adjustment of Industries' Prices and Outputs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(4), pages 575-83, November.
- Farber, Stephen C, 1984. "Cyclical Price Flexibility: A Test of Administered Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 465-76, June.
- Rotemberg, Julio J & Saloner, Garth, 1986. "A Supergame-Theoretic Model of Price Wars during Booms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 390-407, June.
- Horace J. Depodwin & Richard T. Selden, 1963. "Business Pricing Policies and Inflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 116.
- Martin, Christopher, 1993. "Price adjustment and market structure," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 139-143.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1983. "Price Smoothing and Inventory," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 87-98, January.
- Domowitz, Ian & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1987. "Oligopoly Supergames: Some Empirical Evidence on Prices and Margins," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 379-98, June.
- Garrod, Luke, 2012. "Collusive price rigidity under price-matching punishments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 471-482.
- Maman Setiawan & Grigorios Emvalomatis & Alfons Oude Lansink, 2013. "Structure, conduct, and performance: evidence from the Indonesian food and beverages industry," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 1149-1165, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.