Why is labour-managed firm entry so rare?: An analysis of UK manufacturing data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 63 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Highfield, Richard & Smiley, Robert, 1987. "New business starts and economic activity : An empirical investigation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 51-66, March.
- Hausman, Jerry & Hall, Bronwyn H & Griliches, Zvi, 1984.
"Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 909-38, July.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Bronwyn H. Hall & Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship," NBER Technical Working Papers 0017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchflower, D.G. & Oswald, A., 1991.
"What Makes an Entrepreneur?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99125, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Richard Disney & Jonathan Haskel & Ylva Heden, 2003. "Entry, Exit and Establishment Survival in UK Manufacturing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 91-112, 03.
- Carree, M. A. & Thurik, A. R., 1999. "The carrying capacity and entry and exit flows in retailing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 985-1007, October.
- Stewart, M.B., 1989.
"Union Wage Differentials, Product Market Influences And The Division Of Rents,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
323, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Stewart, Mark B, 1990. "Union Wage Differentials, Product Market Influences and the Division of Rents," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1122-37, December.
- Bonin, John P & Jones, Derek C & Putterman, Louis, 1993. "Theoretical and Empirical Studies of Producer Cooperatives: Will Ever the Twain Meet?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1290-320, September.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Cremer, Jacques, 1992. "Duopoly with employee-controlled and profit-maximizing firms: Bertrand vs Cournot competition," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 241-258, June.
- Miyazaki, Hajime, 1984. "On Success and Dissolution of the Labor-Managed Firm in the Capitalist Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 909-31, October.
- David B. Audretsch, 1995. "Innovation and Industry Evolution," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011468, December.
- Joshua S. Gans & David H. Hsu & Scott Stern, 2000.
"When Does Start-Up Innovation Spur the Gale of Creative Destruction?,"
NBER Working Papers
7851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua S. Gans & David H. Hsu & Scott Stern, 2002. "When Does Start-Up Innovation Spur the Gale of Creative Destruction?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 571-586, Winter.
- Disney, Richard F & Haskel, Jonathan & Heden, Ylva, 2000.
"Restructuring And Productivity Growth In UK Manufacturing,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2463, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Disney & Jonathan Haskel & Ylva Heden, 2003. "Restructuring and productivity growth in uk manufacturing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(489), pages 666-694, 07.
- Dow, Gregory K. & Putterman, Louis, 2000. "Why capital suppliers (usually) hire workers: what we know and what we need to know," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 319-336, November.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Cressy, Robert, 2000. "Credit rationing or entrepreneurial risk aversion? An alternative explanation for the Evans and Jovanovic finding," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 235-240, February.
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1986. "Econometric Models Based on Count Data: Comparisons and Applications of Some Estimators and Tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Ben-ner, Avner, 1984. "On the stability of the cooperative type of organization," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 247-260, September.
- Hansmann, Henry, 1988. "Ownership of the Firm," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 267-304, Fall.
- Hugh M. Neary & David Ulph, 1997. "Strategic Investment and the Co-existence of Labour-Managed and Profit-Maximising Firms," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(2), pages 308-28, May.
- Fotopoulos, Georgios & Spence, Nigel, 1999. "Net entry behaviour in Greek manufacturing: consumer, intermediate and capital goods industries," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(8), pages 1219-1230, November.
- Stewart, Geoff, 1991. "Strategic Entry Interactions Involving Profit-Maximising and Labour-Managed Firms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(4), pages 570-83, October.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-70, May.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B, 1989. "Small-Firm Entry in U.S. Manufacturing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(222), pages 255-65, May.
- Ireland, Norman J. & Stewart, Geoff, 1995. "On the Sale of Production Rights and Firm Organization," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 289-307, December.
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-95, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Kazuhiro Ohnishi, 2009. "Strategic Commitment and Three-Stage Games with Labour-Managed and Profit-Maximizing Firms," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 63-74, Autumn.
- Natália Pimenta Monteiro & Geoff Stewart, 2013. "Scale, Scope and Survival: A Comparison of Cooperative and Capitalist Modes of Production," NIPE Working Papers 08/2013, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Panu Kalmi, 2013. "Catching a wave: the formation of co-operatives in Finnish regions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 295-313, June.
- Kazuhiro Ohnishi, 2010. "Most-Favoured-Customer Pricing and Labour-Managed Oligopoly," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 33-40, March.
- Arando, Saioa & Gago, Monica & Podivinsky, Jan M. & Stewart, Geoff, 2012. "Do labour-managed firms benefit from agglomeration?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 193-200.
- Ermanno C. Tortia, 2011. "The firm as a common. The case of accumulation and use of common resources in mutual benefit organizations," Department of Economics Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.