The voluntary contributions mechanism with uncertain group payoffs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 35 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelsey, D., 1999.
"Free Riders do not Like Uncertainty,"
99-25, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R., 1971. "Stochastic dominance and diversification," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 288-305, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Austen-Smith, David, 1980. "Individual contribution to public goods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 359-361.
- R. Isaac & James Walker & Susan Thomas, 1984. "Divergent evidence on free riding: An experimental examination of possible explanations," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 113-149, January.
- Walker, James M & Gardner, Roy, 1992. "Probabilistic Destruction of Common-Pool Resources: Experimental Evidence," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1149-61, September.
- Keser, Claudia & Montmarquette, Claude, 2008.
"Voluntary contributions to reduce expected public losses,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 66(3-4), pages 477-491, June.
- Claudia Keser & Claude Montmarquette, 2002. "Voluntary Contributions to Reduce Expected Public Losses," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-60, CIRANO.
- David Dickinson, .
"The carrot vs. the stick in work team motivation,"
2000-06, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Khan, Feisal U., 1999. "A laboratory study of voluntary public goods provision with imperfect monitoring and communication," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 533-552, April.
- Cadigan, John & Wayland, Patrick T. & Schmitt, Pamela & Swope, Kurtis, 2011.
"An experimental dynamic public goods game with carryover,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 523-531.
- Kurtis Swope & Pamela Schmitt & John Cadigan & Patrick Wayland, 2011. "An Experimental Dynamic Public Goods Game with Carryover," Departmental Working Papers 32, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Urs Fischbacher & Simeon Schudy & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012.
"Heterogeneous Reactions to Heterogeneity in Returns from Public Goods,"
Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz
2012-14, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Urs Fischbacher & Simeon Schudy & Sabrina Teyssier, 2014. "Heterogeneous reactions to heterogeneity in returns from public goods," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 195-217, June.
- Urs Fischbacher & Sabrina Teyssier & Simeon Schudy, 2012. "Heterogeneous Reactions to Heterogeneity in Returns from Public Goods," TWI Research Paper Series 73, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Fischbacher, Urs & Schudy, Simeon & Teyssier, Sabrina, 2013. "Heterogeneous reactions to heterogeneity in returns from public goods," Munich Reprints in Economics 20336, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Lata Gangadharan & Veronika Nemes, 2005. "Impact of Risk and Uncertainty in the Provision of Local and Global Environmental Goods : An Experimental Analysis," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 956, The University of Melbourne.
- Nathalie Colombier & David Masclet & Daniel Mirza & Claude Montmarquette, 2009.
"Global Security Policies Against Terrorism and the Free Riding Problem: An Experimental Approach,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Nathalie Colombier & David Masclet & Daniel Mirza & Claude Montmarquette, 2011. "Global Security Policies against Terrorism and the Free Riding Problem: An Experimental Approach," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 13(5), pages 755-790, October.
- Colombier, Nathalie & Masclet, David & Mirza, Daniel & Montmarquette, Claude, 2010. "Global Security Policies Against Terrorism and the Free Riding Problem: An Experimental Approach," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1012, CEPREMAP.
- Claudia Keser, 2000. "Le financement des biens publics par des contributions volontaires: Une évaluation à l'aide de l'économie expérimentale," CIRANO Working Papers 2000s-37, CIRANO.
- Nicholas E. Burger & Charles D. Kolstad, 2009. "Voluntary Public Goods Provision, Coalition Formation, and Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 15543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.