Soft budget constraints, social burdens, and labor redundancy in China's state industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Comparative Economics.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang, Dennis Tao & Chen, Vivian & Monarch, Ryan, 2010.
"Rising Wages: Has China Lost Its Global Labor Advantage?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5008, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- DennisTao Yang & VivianWeijia Chen & Ryan Monarch, 2010. "Rising Wages: Has China Lost Its Global Labor Advantage?," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 482-504, October.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Vivian Chen & Ryan Monarch, 2009. "Rising Wages: Has China Lost Its Global Labor Advantage?," Economics Program Working Papers 09-03, The Conference Board, Economics Program.
- Li, Lixing, 2008. "Employment burden, government ownership and soft budget constraints: Evidence from a Chinese enterprise survey," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 215-229, June.
- Gabriele, Alberto, 2009.
"The Role of the State in China's Industrial Development: a Reassesment,"
14551, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alberto Gabriele, 2010. "The Role of the State in China's Industrial Development: A Reassessment," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(3), pages 325-350, September.
- Ge, Suqin & Yang, Dennis Tao, 2012. "Changes in China's Wage Structure," IZA Discussion Papers 6492, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2009. "Labor restructuring in China: Toward a functioning labor market," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 287-305, June.
- Liao, Guanmin & Chen, Xin & Jing, Xin & Sun, Jianfei, 2009. "Policy burdens, firm performance, and management turnover," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 15-28, March.
- Shujie Yao, 2004. "Unemployment and urban poverty in China: a case study of Guangzhou and Tianjin," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 171-188.
- Kato, Takao & Long, Cheryl, 2008.
"Tournaments and Managerial Incentives in China's Listed Firms: New Evidence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kato, Takao & Long, Cheryl, 2011. "Tournaments and managerial incentives in China's listed firms: New evidence," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Ito, Junichi, 2006. "Economic and institutional reform packages and their impact on productivity: A case study of Chinese township and village enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 167-190, March.
- Gao, Song, 2010. "Impacts of Restructurings on Manufacturing Productive Efficiency: Evidence from China," MPRA Paper 24766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Zhang, Liqin, 2009. "Economic transition and gender differentials in wages and productivity: Evidence from Chinese manufacturing enterprises," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 144-156, January.
- Huang, Linqiang & Xiao, Sheng, 2012. "How does government ownership affect firm performance? A simple model of privatization in transition economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 480-482.
- John Giles & Albert Park & Fang Cai, 2003. "How has Economic Restructuring Affected China’s Urban Workers?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-628, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Dong, Xiao-Yuan, 2005. "Wage inequality and between-firm wage dispersion in the 1990s: A comparison of rural and urban enterprises in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 664-687, December.
- Veysel Avsar & Cem Karayalcin & Mehmet Ali Ulubasoglu, 2009. "State-Owned Enterprises, Political Ideology, and Redistribution," Economics Series 2009_09, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Takao Kato & Cheryl Long, 2004. "Executive Compensation, Firm Performance, and State Ownership in China: Evidence from New Panel Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-690, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Dong, Xiao-yuan & Pandey, Manish, 2012. "Gender and labor retrenchment in Chinese state owned enterprises: Investigation using firm-level panel data," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395.
- Fenglian Du & Jian-chun Yang & Xiao-yuan Dong, 2007. "Why Do Women Have Longer Unemployment Durations than Men in Post-Restructuring Urban China?," Working Papers PMMA 2007-23, PEP-PMMA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.