Risk and hedging: Do credit derivatives increase bank risk?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 29 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duffie, Darrell & Lando, David, 2001. "Term Structures of Credit Spreads with Incomplete Accounting Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 633-64, May.
- Gregory R. Duffee & Chunsheng Zhou, 1997.
"Credit derivatives in banking: useful tools for managing risk?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-13, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Duffee, Gregory R. & Zhou, Chunsheng, 2001. "Credit derivatives in banking: Useful tools for managing risk?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 25-54, August.
- Duffee, Gregory R. & Zhou, Chunseng, 1999. "Credit Derivatives in Banking: Useful Tools for Managing Risk?," Research Program in Finance, Working Paper Series qt7g67n911, Research Program in Finance, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Gregory R. Duffee and Chunsheng Zhou., 1999. "Credit Derivatives in Banking: Useful Tools for Managing Risk?," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-289, University of California at Berkeley.
- Dow, James, 2000. "What Is Systemic Risk? Moral Hazard, Initial Shocks, and Propagation," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 18(2), pages 1-24, December.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Giammarino, Ronald M, 1989. "The Resolution of Financial Distress," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 25-47.
- Alan Morrison, 2000. "Credit Derivatives, Disintermediation and Investment Decisions," OFRC Working Papers Series 2001fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Duffie Darrell & Rahi Rohit, 1995. "Financial Market Innovation and Security Design: An Introduction," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 1-42, February.
- Viale, Ariel M. & Kolari, James W. & Fraser, Donald R., 2009. "Common risk factors in bank stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 464-472, March.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2009.
"Bank risk and monetary policy,"
Working Paper Series
1075, European Central Bank.
- Franke, Günter & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 2008. "The future of securitization," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/31, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Surach Tanboon & Suchot Piamchol & Tanawat Ruenbanterng & Paiboon Pongpaichet, 2009. "Impacts of Financial Factors on Thailand's Business Cycle Fluctuations," Working Papers 2009-01, Economic Research Department, Bank of Thailand.
- Mohamed Rochdi Keffala & Christian de Peretti, 2013. "Effect of the Use of Derivative Instruments on Accounting Risk: Evidence from Banks in Emerging and Recently Developed Countries," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 169-178, May.
- Thomas B. King & Daniel A. Nuxoll & Timothy J. Yeager, 2006. "Are the causes of bank distress changing? can researchers keep up?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 57-80.
- Carbó-Valverde, Santiago & Marques-Ibanez, David & Rodríguez-Fernández, Francisco, 2012. "Securitization, risk-transferring and financial instability: The case of Spain," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 80-101.
- Li Li & Zhang Yu, 2010. "The Impact of Derivatives Activity on Commercial Banks: Evidence from U.S. Bank Holding Companies," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 303-322, September.
- Krahnen, Jan Pieter & Wilde, Christian, 2006. "Risk transfer with CDOs and systemic risk in bankingfam," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Kara, A. & Marques-Ibanez, D. & Ongena, S., 2011.
"Securitization and Lending Standards: Evidence from the Wholesale Loan Market,"
2011-081, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kara, Alper & Marqués-Ibáñez, David & Ongena, Steven, 2011. "Securitization and lending standards: evidence from the wholesale loan market," Working Paper Series 1362, European Central Bank.
- Wagner, Wolf, 2007. "The liquidity of bank assets and banking stability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 121-139, January.
- Wagner, Wolf & Marsh, Ian W., 2006. "Credit risk transfer and financial sector stability," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 173-193, June.
- Nijskens, Rob & Wagner, Wolf, 2011. "Credit risk transfer activities and systemic risk: How banks became less risky individually but posed greater risks to the financial system at the same time," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1391-1398, June.
- Fecht, Falko & Wagner, Wolf, 2009. "The marketability of bank assets, managerial rents and banking stability," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 272-282, September.
- Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli, 2001.
"Endogenous Policy Choice: The Case of Pollution and Growth,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 4(2), pages 369-405, July.
- Beverly Hirtle, 2008. "Credit derivatives and bank credit supply," Staff Reports 276, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli, 2000. "Endogenous policy choice: the case of pollution and growth," Staff Report 276, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hirtle, Beverly, 2009.
"Credit derivatives and bank credit supply,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 125-150, April.
- Theodoros M. Diasakos, 2012.
"A Simple Characterization of Dynamic Completeness in Continuous Time,"
Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics
201312, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews, revised 02 Sep 2013.
- Theodoros M. Diasakos, 2011. "A Simple Characterization of Dynamic Completeness in Continuous Time," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 211, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Hänsel, Dennis N. & Bannier, Christina E., 2008. "Determinants of European banks' engagement in loan securitization," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2008,10, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.